Around the League Part 9: The Post-Tavareslyptic Hellscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Eklund mentioned Carolina / Habs with Patches. Faulk for Patches could work, then Skinner for futures and sign de Haan

Patches - Aho - TT
Ferland - Necas - Svechnikov
Zykov - Staal - Williams
Foegele - Martinook - McGinn
PDG

Slavin - Hamilton
de Haan - Pesce
Fleury - TVR
McKeown

Mzarek
Darling

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Eklund mentioned Carolina / Habs with Patches. Faulk for Patches could work, then Skinner for futures and sign de Haan

Patches - Aho - TT
Ferland - Necas - Svechnikov
Zykov - Staal - Williams
Foegele - Martinook - McGinn
PDG

Slavin - Hamilton
de Haan - Pesce
Fleury - TVR
McKeown

Mzarek
Darling

Couple Minnesota fans seemed ok with Faulk for Nino. I think I'd rather have him than Patches at this point.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
so you get to choose between goalie graveyards, one has a great defense on paper but is coached by an inexperienced wild card and managed by a guy who drove his previous team to relocation; the other has the worst defense on paper but is coached by the Stanley cup winner and managed by a legend. who do you choose?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
so you get to choose between goalie graveyards, one has a great defense on paper but is coached by an inexperienced wild card and managed by a guy who drove his previous team to relocation; the other has the worst defense on paper but is coached by the Stanley cup winner and managed by a legend. who do you choose?

Are we seriously comparing which team we’d rather be right now, the Hurricanes or the Islanders?

We are having an A+ offseason, they just lost one of the best players in the league. We are the youngest team in the league.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think I've figured out the Isles strategy: they are going to copy the legendary Brian Burke era Whalers by compiling a roster of talentless grit guys and useless plugs. Barzal is a much better Geoff Sanderson as the team's only bright spot but Verbeek was a better good veteran who is going to be traded than Andres Lee. Of course Trotz is a better coach than Pierre LOL.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Lol I’m sorry. It’s really hard to tell the point of lots of posts the last few days - lots of people getting angry at Waddell for having an excellent offseason.

I think it's more getting angry at the organization as a whole for not being able to address a weakness that we knew was coming for a while. We knew Ward was getting up there in age, and yet we've never drafted a suitable replacement. We've made a few half-assed attempts at finding a replacement in FA/trade, but it's basically been "Let's hope this career backup is more than a backup!"

Now I understand Waddell's only been in charge for a bit, and certainly don't expect miracles overnight. But it's a bit frustrating to have a rich new owner, a new GM, and the same approach to our goaltending. Obviously, nothing can be done about it now, but that's where much of the anger comes from.

Oh, and hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but last offseason, Francis signed a Top 6 forward, acquired our new starting goaltender, added some much needed grit to our bottom 6, and added Cup experience with each one. I know, at the time, I wasnt the only one who thought that offseason was excellent too.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think I've figured out the Isles strategy: they are going to copy the legendary Brian Burke era Whalers by compiling a roster of talentless grit guys and useless plugs. Barzal is a much better Geoff Sanderson as the team's only bright spot but Verbeek was a better good veteran who is going to be traded than Andres Lee. Of course Trotz is a better coach than Pierre LOL.

So by this logic, that means the Islanders are relocating then.

I don't want that by the way. But man JT leaving could kill them for the next decade.

Hopefully they get shovels in the dirt for the arena proposal soon.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So by this logic, that means the Islanders are relocating then.

I don't want that by the way. But man JT leaving could kill them for the next decade.

Hopefully they get shovels in the dirt for the arena proposal soon.
The Belmont arena/development is the signature project of a governor who has that job for as long as he decides he wants to keep it so it's 100% happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad