Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Hamilton
Faulk
TVR down the right is really good.

I like Pesce a lot and we don't know what Hamilton s chemistry will look like but I think I move him for ROR

Aho ROR tt
Mcginn Staal Williams
Ferland/JVR Necas Svec
Zykov Rask Checker

Slavin Hamilton
Ufa d Faulk
Fleury TVR

Lehner
Hutton/Mrazek
Darling....ahl?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Hamilton
Faulk
TVR down the right is really good.

I like Pesce a lot and we don't know what Hamilton s chemistry will look like but I think I move him for ROR

Aho ROR tt
Mcginn Staal Williams
Ferland/JVR Necas Svec
Zykov Rask Checker

Slavin Hamilton
Ufa d Faulk
Fleury TVR

Lehner
Hutton/Mrazek
Darling....ahl?

Pesce is cost controlled at $4 million for 6 more years. If Faulk pulled everything together as a solid 2nd pairing RHD then he would be looking at $6-7 million 2 years from now. I don't see the Canes being willing to lose that cost certainty.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Skinner + Faulk + 2019 1st for ROR

I’d do it.

What kind of lunacy is this?

And if you're making this trade and slapping a conditional top 5 protection on it with the expectation you might suck because of it, they would be far better off trading both of those players individually and finding another O'Reilly elsewhere.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
What kind of lunacy is this?

And if you're making this trade and slapping a conditional top 5 protection on it with the expectation you might suck because of it, they would be far better off trading both of those players individually and finding another O'Reilly elsewhere.
We could do better. But we could also do a lot worse, especially considering the NTCs Faulk and Skinner will both have soon. And if finding another O'Reilly elsewhere for cheaper was easy I'm sure we would have done it by now.

Reactions: Unsustainable

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
We could do better. But we could also do a lot worse, especially considering the NTCs Faulk and Skinner will both have soon. And if finding another O'Reilly elsewhere for cheaper was easy I'm sure we would have done it by now.

They really can't do worse.

Ryan O'Reilly is a 60ish point center that has only once finished in the top 10 in Selke voting, and never higher than 6. He's not Patrice Bergeron. He's a good player, but that's a ridiculous offer.

And Skinner already has a NTC and Faulk's is limited to 15 teams. Even with those restraints, you could probably pretty easily trade both of them individually for a better return than O'Reilly, and then probably, if so inclined, use 80% of what you acquired and get a similar player while keeping your own first round pick.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
And Skinner already has a NTC and Faulk's is limited to 15 teams. Even with those restraints, you could probably pretty easily trade both of them individually for a better return than O'Reilly, and then probably, if so inclined, use 80% of what you acquired and get a similar player while keeping your own first round pick.
I don't think we can "easily" do it or else we probably would have done it by now.

Like I said though, I'd only do if the Sabres added something decent to make it worthwile.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Skinner + Faulk + 2019 1st for ROR

I’d do it.

Think about it this way. that trade is basically....2 x 2019 firsts, a 2020 first and 2 x decent prospects. Because Skinner, at some point before the trade deadline is worth a 2019 first and decent prospect, Faulk, who is a UFA in two seasons is worth about the same at the next trade deadline and then the Cane's first. As much as the Canes want/need centers--that seems a bit outlandish for Ryan O'Reilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad