Around the League Part 8: Welcome to the league Vegas, and Duchene discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Skinner and Faulk to Pit for 2x1rd, LD, F/G - I fear.

So, Washington won't trade a stinking goalie to us within the division, but we'll trade a 30 goal winger and 15 goal D man in the division so they can straight up drop bombs on us all year long, huh?

f*** that. I guess Dundon figures the Pens will beat us every time anyway so why not just add to the misery. They better get something besides picks for those two.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I just want to say: I find it awesome and hilarious that after Pens fans were all talking a couple years ago about how Sheary was a legit first line guy, not just a product of Crosby, and would be worth a lot in a trade...he gets added to a cap dump deal for a 3rd/4th round pick!!

Also, I'm not nearly sold enough on Jarry to send Skinner that way...would rather see how Skinner does with a new coach/culture in his last year and flip him if needed at deadline (or we're in the playoffs and he's exactly what we'd be trying to trade for and acquire at that time if we trade him now).

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
There's also the off chance that a year of Skinner is worth more than what people are willing to give for a year of Skinner + year's worth of exclusive negotiation time. A year of him isn't of zero value.

I think it's silly to think that getting anything for Skinner is a deal than needs to be taken.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
There's also the off chance that a year of Skinner is worth more than what people are willing to give for a year of Skinner + year's worth of exclusive negotiation time. A year of him isn't of zero value.

I think it's silly to think that getting anything for Skinner is a deal than needs to be taken.

The worst case (and since this is the Canes, the most likely) scenario is that they keep him and are again on the bubble around the deadline. They need to be firmly in or out so they can properly evaluate what to do with Skinner. My preferences prior to the season:

2-3 year extension for < 7M (no idea what he's looking for or what kind of term, but that's my top offer)
Keeping him without an extension and rolling the dice
Trading him for now help
Trading him for futures
Trading him to trade him

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The worst case (and since this is the Canes, the most likely) scenario is that they keep him and are again on the bubble around the deadline. They need to be firmly in or out so they can properly evaluate what to do with Skinner. My preferences prior to the season:

2-3 year extension for < 7M (no idea what he's looking for or what kind of term, but that's my top offer)
Keeping him without an extension and rolling the dice
Trading him for now help
Trading him for futures
Trading him to trade him

Well put, although I think 2 and 3 can easily flip based on what the "now help" is.
1 is almost impossible at this point. They would have to overpay per year to get Skinner to sign a short-term deal.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If "now help" isn't a legit goalie or scorer, just take the chance he walks. Trading him away for pennies on the dollar just says we're giving up on the season before it even starts, AGAIN, like going to rex express care

This is why I want to keep him to start the year. More than anything, I just want to cheer for a winning team again. Skinner is likely going to be the best player in any deal. Moving him now probably hurts them in the short term. If they make the playoffs, maybe both sides are more inclined to work out an extension (they money will almost certainly be there).

UNCCHcane

Nov 26, 2008
JR right now:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad