Around the league part 12: "Greiss is Green-er on the other Sedoff the Zaitsev"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
We need to pull a St. Louis and go on an 11 game winning streak. That would be cool.

Remember when they were selling, and Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, O'Reilly and Schenn were all available?

They were more talented than us from Day 1, so I don't think we can do what they're doing. I think we're actually doing as close to that as we can at the moment.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Damn, Coyle to Boston for Donato and a 5th. Have to think the Canes could have competed with that offer no? Another year on his contract too. Maybe Fenton blocked the Canes number

Reactions: Unsustainable

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Damn, Coyle to Boston for Donato and a 5th. Have to think the Canes could have competed with that offer no? Another year on his contract too. Maybe Fenton blocked the Canes number

Who would you consider an equivalent forward prospect? Would you give up Kuokkanen and a pick? Gauthier?

He’s a righty, but I’d rather keep shopping for a bargain than pay that for Coyle.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Who would you consider an equivalent forward prospect? Would you give up Kuokkanen and a pick? Gauthier?

He’s a righty, but I’d rather keep shopping for a bargain than pay that for Coyle.
I've never been big on Gauthier, so I wouldn't have hesitated on that. Kuok would have made me think hard, and I like him, but I'd still probably do it.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

I've never been big on Gauthier, so I wouldn't have hesitated on that. Kuok would have made me think hard, and I like him, but I'd still probably do it.

There's no way Minny was getting Kuokkanen or Gauthier for Coyle. Donato is not a good prospect. This was not a high price for Coyle, nor is Coyle worth a high price.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
There's no way Minny was getting Kuokkanen or Gauthier for Coyle. Donato is not a good prospect. This was not a high price for Coyle, nor is Coyle worth a high price.

Donato is similar to Puuljarvi in that some people still see huge potential while others see a player who has stagnated. I would tend to agree with you but if Fenton is trading for Donato’s ceiling that’s what would be required to match.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Donato is similar to Puuljarvi in that some people still see huge potential while others see a player who has stagnated. I would tend to agree with you but if Fenton is trading for Donato’s ceiling that’s what would be required to match.

Yeah, but Donato is more than two years older than Puljujarvi (and Kuokkanen) and a year and a half older than Gauthier. He's a month older than David Pastrnak. He'll be 23 in April. If he's going to have an impact in the NHL, it's going to have to happen soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad