Around the league part 12: "Greiss is Green-er on the other Sedoff the Zaitsev"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh is not missing the playoffs. Montreal and Columbus are more vulnerable.
We keep winning, we'll be fine with at least one of those three or Washington. Hopefully we can find some smart opportunities to improve. We've been winning recently, but haven't looked quite as good as we have at our best. I think a boost will be needed, especially for when we hit our tougher March schedule.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Feeling bad for McDavid.

Hopkins- McDavid- Rattie
Khaira- Draisaitl- Chiasson
Lucic- Brodziak- Kassian
Malone- Cave- Rieder

This is epic bad forward group. Outside RNH, McDavid and Draisaitl, nothing else is more than AHL caliber. Their D sucks, too.

Klefbom- Larsson
Nurse- Petrovic
Russell- Manning
Sekera- Gravel

How the **** they could become good team?
Reading this roster physically hurt me

Yikes

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
baby steps.

I really don't see the Pens missing with a healthy Crosby and Malkin. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but it seems like every year they plod along and turn it on at the end and are comfortably in the playoffs.

No, you're remembering right. But usually they don't wait this late, and usually they don't have unsolved issues defensively and in goal. Usually, they have to replace the previous year's deadline rental with a new one up front, which they did with the Bjugstad/McCann trade, and they're good to go. Getting Schultz back sets up the defense offensively, but no Maata hurts defensively. But I'm personally interested to see if JR is content going into April giving up goals at the rate they're giving them up.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm really not liking our schedule March 15th and beyond. If these games are "the most important of the season", I don't know what to call those. :help:
This is one of the reasons why I say we need to add talent, chemistry be damned. Nino didn't mess with the chemistry. We need more talent for sure to make it.

The good thing is, I think I looked at this run we're on earlier, and we're something like 6-2-1 against teams that are currently in the playoffs during it. We haven't just entirely beat up on bad teams and I think we can hang with anyone if we keep on keeping on.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
As of now:
- Caps 59 GP, 71 pts.
- CBJ 57 GP, 69 pts.
- Pens 59 GP, 69 pts.
- Habs 59 GP, 69 pts.
- Carolina 59 GP, 68 pts.

We are better than Vegas, Blues, Stars and Wild. If we win next two, we are point behind Predators. They have 73 pts in 61 games. Man, the West f***ing sucks.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Wow, Washington is within striking distance as well. It'd be nice to have both Wildcards and the 2nd and 3rd divisional spots as possible chances to get in.

I mean, there's still too many teams in play for those few spots to really get excited over, but still...
We have more ROWs than the caps, if it came to the tiebreaker. Our goal differentials are close too, a +8 to their +10.

RaleighBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Raleigh, NC
As of now:
- Caps 59 GP, 71 pts.
- CBJ 57 GP, 69 pts.
- Pens 59 GP, 69 pts.
- Habs 59 GP, 69 pts.

We are better than Vegas, Blues, Stars and Wild. If we win next two, we are point behind Predators. They have 73 pts in 61 games. Man, the West ****ing sucks.

Canes 59gp, 68 pts L10 8-2
Blues 58gp, 67 pts L10 10-0

I guess “better” is a relative term. I agree the West is underperforming this year, but the Blues are possibly the best team in the NHL right now. It just took them half the season to get healthy and find goaltending.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
As of now:
- Caps 59 GP, 71 pts.
- CBJ 57 GP, 69 pts.
- Pens 59 GP, 69 pts.
- Habs 59 GP, 69 pts.

We are better than Vegas, Blues, Stars and Wild. If we win next two, we are point behind Predators. They have 73 pts in 61 games. Man, the West ****ing sucks.
They control their own destiny. Keep winning and they’re bound to overtake someone, or someone is bound to drop off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad