Around the League Part 11: When in doubt, blame Fortnite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
We need offensive help and have a very talented offensive prospect in the AHL. Think about what a sane person would do, and then remember that the Canes will do the opposite.
Maybe if they did exactly the opposite of what their instincts tell them to do...?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
We need offensive help and have a very talented offensive prospect in the AHL. Think about what a sane person would do, and then remember that the Canes will do the opposite.
The Canes don't need AHL scoring talent, the Canes need NHL scoring talent. We can churn through as many Checkers as we want, but we've been down that path, and it mainly leads to spinning tires for years on and before we find something that works, and by then other important pieces are gone, needing to do it all over again.

At a certain point, we need to shit or get off the pot when it comes to actually getting some legitimate talent here. If we want to contend, go all in on pulling off a big trade, and build around that. Or, and nobody wants to hear it, but we're at that point, blow it up and stockpile top end talent until it can mature to the point where we're legitimately good.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Ryan Reaves is fast becoming my favorite player in the NHL.

He was sending a clear message to him for sure. Reaves is a tank.

I hope he isn't hurt but I can't think of a player more deserving (maybe Marchand) of clean, hard hits than Tom Wilson.

The clip of him putting Wilson down twice in less than 10 seconds earlier in the game is better than the hit he was ejected for.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
He smoked wilson like a cheap cigar. Hopefully Wilson had a quick recovery; and somebody to tell him how to use the strap on his helmet.

This happened because Wilson wasn't suspended by the league. You see players trying to take vengeance upon Wilson, and you have the aspect of delivering these hits to Wilson before they are delivered from Wilson.

Yes, suspend Reaves for the second period hit. The NHL needs to crack down on this vigilante retribution, and that means cracking down on Wilson better as well as cracking down on those who hunt him.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
This happened because Wilson wasn't suspended by the league. You see players trying to take vengeance upon Wilson, and you have the aspect of delivering these hits to Wilson before they are delivered from Wilson.

Yes, suspend Reaves for the second period hit. The NHL needs to crack down on this vigilante retribution, and that means cracking down on Wilson better as well as cracking down on those who hunt him.

Do you really think the hit was suspension worthy? Wilson wasn't expecting it but it wasn't that late and it was shoulder-to-shoulder.

If Wilson wasn't suspended for the hit on Seney last week then I don't see any way that you can suspend Reaves.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Do you really think the hit was suspension worthy? Wilson wasn't expecting it but it wasn't that late and it was shoulder-to-shoulder.

If Wilson wasn't suspended for the hit on Seney last week then I don't see any way that you can suspend Reaves.

The arm lift as part of the shoulder contact is part of my concern, although it can be part of the follow-through.

But as I said, because Wilson is seeking out these hits you have players seeking out Wilson to make these hits. The league needs to step in now, before you have a much more serious injury from the escalation.

I wanted Wilson suspended for the hit on Seney and suspending Reaves for this after failing to act on Wilson isn't fair at all. But at some point you have to admit you screwed up in the past in terms of player safety and set the bar moving forward.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Punishing Reaves is idiotic at this point. The game will police itself if the league won't. And the league is chicken****.

The game policing itself is going to lead to major injury. Do we need to wait for Wilson's next headhunting to crack down on this in order to be "fair"?

I was in favor of suspending Wilson, but they didn't even bother with a hearing. So how do you move forward and take this crap out of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad