Around the League Part 11: When in doubt, blame Fortnite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Wilson has lost all benefit of doubt. He deserves none. He’s so goon-y that it is cartoonish at this point.

Charge a guy from behind and then blindside him long after reasonable by NHL standards. Maybe he was trying to adjust to lessen the blow. Maybe he shouldn’t be charging defenseless players from behind. Whether it’s legal or not, I don’t think it has a place in the NHL. Leagues are better off putting common sense measures in place to weed this behavior out. Similarly I’d rather see a WR go up and make a nice catch (along with a DB technician trying to break up the play) without being decapitated by a headhunter when the ball bounces out of his hands. I just don’t enjoy watching these guys writhe around on the ground in pain. We know too much now about the long-term effects of this old-school violent/punishing mentality in sports.

I agree. I'm all for violence and I think pro sports is going soft, but that was a bullshit hit from a repeat offender.

I'm having a hard time understanding why the Caps suffer no retribution from other teams for this sort of play.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Dang it would be nice to have a good goalie prospect.

Ilya Sorokin just went 6-0 in November. Gave up 2 goals the entire month. Sporting a .940 sv%, 1.20 GAA, in 21 games. Though it’s the KHL. Still crazy impressive.
The Finnish goalie for Minnesota in the AHL (Kahkonen) is just as impressive. Through 10 games he has 1.45 GAA, .950 sv% and three shutouts, which were in three consecutive games.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
To Vancouver for Michael Carcone, undrafted minor leaguer whose contract is up in July.

So, Waddell couldn't beat nothing??
Anyone else remember when Leafs fans were throwing him into trade proposals as a huge sweetener because he was so underrated and would be a steal and swing a trade the other direction? Apparently only Pepperidge Farm remembers because nobody else in the league agreed with their assessment lol

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I wouldn't have minded giving up a mediocre young dman for him to see if he could break out here. But for all we know, they were more interested in Anaheim's dman, or just wanted him out of conference if he was going to break out. Friedman has been mentioning Pittsburgh and Anaheim talking trade for weeks, and that he thinks their GM's work well together as old school guys. Sometimes, it's as easy as connections and relationships. See Arizona and Chicago, or us and Chicago before. Not to mention, even though it would be great to take a flyer on a very talented young player for relatively cheap, we do need a bigger, more proven commodity, and maybe GM Voltron realizes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad