Around The League; Offseason

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Saw something online that Kaprizov turned down 8 x 9m because he wants a shorter contract because he sees himself as a 10-11m player. Really betting on himself there if true

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Saw something online that Kaprizov turned down 8 x 9m because he wants a shorter contract because he sees himself as a 10-11m player. Really betting on himself there if true
Also probably realizing Minnesota hasn't had this level of player since a young Marian Gaborik and Gaborik wasn't even at this level. He has all the leverage.

That said, I think his agents aren't stupid, either. They see Panarin got everything he wanted with his contracts and getting to UFA right when he wanted, and signed exactly where he wanted for the dollar figure he wanted.

Kaprizov looks at that and probably thinks he can do the same, and I doubt Minnesota is high up on the list of destinations for him.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Also probably realizing Minnesota hasn't had this level of player since a young Marian Gaborik and Gaborik wasn't even at this level. He has all the leverage.

That said, I think his agents aren't stupid, either. They see Panarin got everything he wanted with his contracts and getting to UFA right when he wanted, and signed exactly where he wanted for the dollar figure he wanted.

Kaprizov looks at that and probably thinks he can do the same, and I doubt Minnesota is high up on the list of destinations for him.
This. I expect him to not sign for more than 4 or 5 years regardless of the offer. It doesn't look like he intends to spend his whole career in Minnesota...it took forever for him to join them and he's already threatening to go back to the KHL.

I guess when you grow up in Russia and you think about becoming a star in America you think Miami, NYC, LA...not Minneapolis.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
With the dead cap that Minny just created, and how that will likely hamper them for 3-4 years... if I was them, I would start entertaining offers on Kaprizov. By the time they get out of cap hell, Kap will be 28 and maybe a UFA anyway.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This. I expect him to not sign for more than 4 or 5 years regardless of the offer. It doesn't look like he intends to spend his whole career in Minnesota...it took forever for him to join them and he's already threatening to go back to the KHL.

I guess when you grow up in Russia and you think about becoming a star in America you think Miami, NYC, LA...not Minneapolis.
There are Russians everywhere in Miami. He’d be happy there.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
With the dead cap that Minny just created, and how that will likely hamper them for 3-4 years... if I was them, I would start entertaining offers on Kaprizov. By the time they get out of cap hell, Kap will be 28 and maybe a UFA anyway.

It doesn't get 'em next year, it's the three years after that where it makes their cap situation untenable. I guess they're counting on losing someone like Dumba in the expansion draft and hopefully only have to weather like 1 or 2 years with those dead cap hits before the cap itself finally rises again.

I don't think they'll entertain offers on Kaprizov until the end of next season. This upcoming season I think they're going to try their best to load up for one big run. How successful they'll be is anyone's guess but I suppose they have no choice now.

Reactions: henchman21

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
So rumour has it here in Edmonton that Taylor Hall has purchased a house. Coming from a guy that works as one of the builders on those specific houses (he also helped build the house Connor McDavid currently has).

Of course take it with a grain of salt, but I'm starting to believe we could legitimately see a Taylor Hall reunion in Edmonton and for not nearly as much money as people think.
Real quick man. Did you get this rumour from the Oilers board or somewhere else?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It doesn't get 'em next year, it's the three years after that where it makes their cap situation untenable. I guess they're counting on losing someone like Dumba in the expansion draft and hopefully only have to weather like 1 or 2 years with those dead cap hits before the cap itself finally rises again.

I don't think they'll entertain offers on Kaprizov until the end of next season. This upcoming season I think they're going to try their best to load up for one big run. How successful they'll be is anyone's guess but I suppose they have no choice now.
Don’t mind that plan either. Hard to have 3 completely dead years. So load up then rebuild isn’t all that bad of a plan either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I hope your right about this man
Decided to give your board a read through after you quoted me. Didn't realize you guys had already been speaking about the same thing over there.

I'm no insider at all, but the "Hall bought a lot/house in Edmonton" source seemed real confident given he was showing people pictures of it on his phone. Could all be one big joke and the guy/guys could be playing people but that's why I say take with a grain of salt because I know I am. My money has been on Boston all along for Hall.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
So rumour has it here in Edmonton that Taylor Hall has purchased a house. Coming from a guy that works as one of the builders on those specific houses (he also helped build the house Connor McDavid currently has).

Of course take it with a grain of salt, but I'm starting to believe we could legitimately see a Taylor Hall reunion in Edmonton and for not nearly as much money as people think.

im not doubting ya , I could see it but there are other fan bases saying he is going there. Leafs think he is going there, Boston there, etc. I would like him there. It would fill out our top 6
If u hear anymore, give me a pm

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Columbus is turning into (almost) Arizona level of circus

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Decided to give your board a read through after you quoted me. Didn't realize you guys had already been speaking about the same thing over there.

I'm no insider at all, but the "Hall bought a lot/house in Edmonton" source seemed real confident given he was showing people pictures of it on his phone. Could all be one big joke and the guy/guys could be playing people but that's why I say take with a grain of salt because I know I am. My money has been on Boston all along for Hall.

Thanks for the info man!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Columbus is turning into (almost) Arizona level of circus

Even if Laine was completely in the wrong here, I really don't like how Columbus leaks things like this to make their players look bad. They've done it a few times now.

The culture in that organization is completely effed from the top to the bottom.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Even if Laine was completely in the wrong here, I really don't like how Columbus leaks things like this to make their players look bad. They've done it a few times now.

The culture in that organization is completely effed from the top to the bottom.
They sure aren't great at attracting players and keeping them.

This is big. There's a huge cap recapture for the Preds if he retires early but they'll be fine if he's on LTIR.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

It's a very sad time to be a CBJ fan. Seeing all their good players leave would be difficult to build a contending team.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
They sure aren't great at attracting players and keeping them.

This is big. There's a huge cap recapture for the Preds if he retires early but they'll be fine if he's on LTIR.
The preds will just trade back for him if the plan is to retire.

otherwise, he’ll just stay on LTIR.
If he’s LTIRetiring, it’ll even be a movable contract to anyone

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's a very sad time to be a CBJ fan. Seeing all their good players leave would be difficult to build a contending team.
It's at the point where you don't want to be the sucker who stays.

Keeping Werenski won't be easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad