Around the League (non-Yotes NHL talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
And Henrik Sedin's ironman streak is going to end due to a rib injury. 679 straight games. Impressive.

The Sedin's take a lot of grief about their toughness or lack of. But from watching the games they dont avoid the high traffic areas at all and are very solid on their feet.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
834564927.gif

bruins-miller_2.jpg

I love it. This Millar guy would have a lot of value here in the west.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Del Zotto to Nashville / Klien to Rangers.

Interesting reading his comments on the trade. If he truly felt that way I have no understanding of why he left a premier puck moving dman like Yandle off the team.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=701907&navid=nhl:topheads

"Obviously, the less time you spend in your end, it's a good situation. So to have those defensemen who can either skate the puck out or who can make that first pass to forwards and transition from defense to offense, you're better than most if you're one of the best at that. "

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Parise returned to the Wild after missing 14 games, expect them to play better now.

At a certain point no matter what the Yotes do to adjust it will not matter. Every lost game we are getting closer and closer to this point.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Guess the devils are dressing Joe Whitney. I am to lazy to write so I am going to copy pasta.

Joe "The Lilliputian" Whitney makes his debut tonight.

http://nhl.si.com/2014/01/23/does-th...s-joe-whitney/

Quote:
Whitney, a two-time NCAA champion at Boston College where he was Gerbe’s teammate, was recalled today from Albany of the AHL. He skated in practice on New Jersey’s first line alongside Jaromir Jagr and Travis Zajac, and could make his NHL debut Friday night when the Devils host the Capitals.

That opportunity alone would be eye-catching, but Whitney’s size makes it even more so. The 25-year-old left winger is listed at 5-foot-6, 170 pounds, which is actually an inch taller than Gerbe’s weigh-in numbers: 5-5, 179. But New Jersey beat writer Tom Gulitti called Whitney’s official measurements “generous,” while one scout laughed and said “no f—— chance. More like 5-4.”

Joewhitney_zpsd679ab0e.jpg~original

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Loved Gerbe at BC and hoped we would trade for him. He is pretty tough despite being 5'5.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Loved Gerbe at BC and hoped we would trade for him. He is pretty tough despite being 5'5.

Just shows even if you are short you can still make the NHL. Just have to want it bad enough. I can imagine it is much harder for a short guy to do it.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
An opportunity for the Yotes. 6 games left before the break, need to close them out with at least 7 or 8 points. In reality probably will only get 4 points.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Edmonton shuts out San Jose 3-0. The Oilers allowed 59 shots on net.
They should've flipped one of their "big 3" at the draft and took Seth Jones but of course that would've made waaaay to much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad