Around the League (non-Yotes NHL talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Marty Brouder has waived his clause and is expected to be traded. It's going to be weird seeing him on another team.

Especially if he's going to a team like the Wild. They're not winning the Cup. This reminds me of Modano with the Red Wings.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Minnesota and Dallas win. Drop to under 20% chance to make the playoffs.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Anaheim makes 3 moves:

Dustin Penner traded to Washington.

Stephane Robidas traded to Anaheim.

Victor Fasth traded to Edmonton.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Love the EDM moves. Move rental vet goalie. Scrivens and Fasth are both good. *cue Ron Paul gif* ... these are the right kinds of EDM trades, after starting the year with Dubnyk and LaBarbera. Two thumbs up.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 11s
Was supposed to start tonight vs #Coyotes "@NicholsOnHockey: Roberto Luongo has been traded to #FlaPanthers, per @LavoieRenaud #Canucks”

And we better win tonight.

What a crazy deadline so far. I dont see it slowing down tomorrow either. Good for Florida, and Luo in my mind. Wonder what they gave.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wonder what they gave.

Markstrom, one of the better young goalie prospects out there. I haven't been following his development for awhile now but he was the clear cut #1 goalie prospect at one point.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Markstrom, one of the better young goalie prospects out there. I haven't been following his development for awhile now but he was the clear cut #1 goalie prospect at one point.

Interesting.

This also means we are going to potentially be seeing Luo two more times...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Not sure I love that for Florida. I know they love Lou down there, but that contract is a killer. Good for Lou though. He always said the right things even when it had to be frustrating.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I am now a panthers fan. Love Luongo. Hate the Canucks.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not sure I love that for Florida. I know they love Lou down there, but that contract is a killer. Good for Lou though. He always said the right things even when it had to be frustrating.

They gave up Mathias too. I don't know what Florida management is thinking. Markstrom must have regressed.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I am now a panthers fan. Love Luongo. Hate the Canucks.

The Panthers aren't going to suck for much longer. Dale Tallon is doing the exact same thing in Florida as he did in Chicago. Plus the team has a ton of cap space opening up, with an owner who has told Tallon to spend to the cap ceiling.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

He was easily the top goalie prospect heading into 2012-2013. A season which saw him get the opportunity to start a lot of games due to Theodore being injured. He did poorly in that showing. Then followed it up with an even worse start in the NHL this season that led to him being sent to the AHL. Where he's posted stats that are okay, but not suggestive of a #1 goalie in development.

He's young and can still turn it around--goalies often have chaotic development tracks. However I think it's fair to say his star has faded the last two season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He's young and can still turn it around--goalies often have chaotic development tracks. However I think it's fair to say his star has faded the last two season.

Panthers were **** during that period. I doubt it's his fault exclusively.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Stamkos cleared to play. Helps my fantasy team.

Steven Stamkos ‏@RealStamkos91 · 10m
Just left the doctors office. Got the green light. See you tomorrow Bolts fans. Excited to be back !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad