Around the League (non-Yotes NHL talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Discussion thread for any non-Yotes games.

One smaller benefit of the lockout is the compressed schedule. Lots and lots of games to watch.

One of the early surprises is NYR and Philly starting 0-2 out of the gate.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Discussion thread for any non-Yotes games.

One smaller benefit of the lockout is the compressed schedule. Lots and lots of games to watch.

One of the early surprises is NYR and Philly starting 0-2 out of the gate.

That Philly/Buffalo game was really fun to watch on Sunday! Philly has the same woes as Phoenix does, although their defense was never something to be super proud of like ours. But there have been some really bad leadups to goals by the Flyers so far.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Winnipeg Jets:

Home opener against Ottawa was flat and they played awful. Listened to game 2 on the radio against Boston and it sounded like they played much tighter D game and lost in a Shoot Out. Pavalec is not the best SO goaltender...

Columbus Blue Jackets:

3 points and sitting in 5th in West! It'd be nice to see them do well this year with #1 cop on the force BOBROVSKI.

Amending my statement that I want them to do well... just not tomorrow.

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yakupov gets his first goal, but the Sharks come right back and get another. Edmonton is not helping us tonight so far. 3-1 Sharks in the 1st.

Sharks had 2 guys in front of the goal and no Edmonton player within stick distance of those 2 in front when the goal was scored. Both defense men were behind the net. :shakehead

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Ok, I'm giving up on this game. San Jose looks to be in complete control. Potter took a terrible penalty, just pushing a Sharks player from the net to the boards and then down to the ice after the whistle. Marleau scores on the PP, 4-1 Sharks. Book it. Really would like some help from the other divisions against our division foes.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
How much will Bryz be blamed for the Flyers 0-3 start? He has not been terrible, but nothing spectacular either. Hard to win when your team averages 1 goal per game. :shakehead

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The "Crown Jewel" of the NHL? More like the "Clown Shoe" of the NHL. MLSE is the quintessential case of "All Chiefs and no Indians".

As a former Leaf fan, it's been fantastic to watch their fallout, even more so that it looks like meddlesome ownership has returned. In the course of two games, the fanbase went from playoff talk to MacKinnon talk.

God I love the Coyotes :)

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
How much will Bryz be blamed for the Flyers 0-3 start? He has not been terrible, but nothing spectacular either. Hard to win when your team averages 1 goal per game. :shakehead

I've seen two of Philly's games so far. Bryz has not been impressive. I even won a bet last night that he'd allow a goal within the first 10 mins. NJ got one on the board just over a minute in.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I've seen two of Philly's games so far. Bryz has not been impressive. I even won a bet last night that he'd allow a goal within the first 10 mins. NJ got one on the board just over a minute in.

I disagree. I've seen all three, my brother is a flyers fan, and he is not the problem. He certainly hasn't stolen any games, but he is far from being the problem

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There is some talk that Toronto could bring in Gretzky as President of Hockey Ops

He would be there as a symbol to appease those critical of MLSE, not as someone in charge of making decisions. At least for the sake of Leafs fans, I hope so.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Wow, I thought for sure Chicago was going to score on this power play, the puck was in the Dallas end for the first 3/4 of the time without a clear. Then the 2nd unit comes back with a short handed goal with .4 seconds left in the period. Stars 1-0 after 1.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
I don't know how much anyone cares about the eastern conference but I can't help but route for the Islanders. They came back from down 3-1 against Toronto. I think they will surprise some people this year.

And here is to hoping that LA loses again tonight.

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I don't know how much anyone cares about the eastern conference but I can't help but route for the Islanders. They came back from down 3-1 against Toronto. I think they will surprise some people this years.

And here is to hoping that LA loses again tonight.

I don't mind watching the EC, but I don't have as much interest in those games as I do the WC games, because I'm rooting for teams in our division to lose as much as possible in out of division games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->