Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Tortorella gets fired before Kekalainen trades another star player

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Laine would almost singlehandedly fix our PP woes.

Fiala and a 1st? I would....I think? I know they want a C, though.

Reactions: GuerinUp

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Laine would almost singlehandedly fix our PP woes.

Fiala and a 1st? I would....I think? I know they want a C, though.

Heavens no. Laine isn't that much of an upgrade on Fiala and Fiala has a significantly better work ethic. You would hate Laine.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
id trade both our 1sts for laine if they take some cap dumps back to make the salary work. players with his skill dont grow on trees regardless of "his work ethic" Him on a line with kaprizov would be insanity.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I love two way players, but I ALWAYS want to have at least one big time sniper/scorer on my team, if not two. I like Fiala but you aren't getting him for his stellar checking game or physicality, and he doesn't play C. He also is a bit of a head case.

Laine
22yo....... 310gp....... 143 g....... 110a

Fiala
24yo .......295gp......74g...... 87a

I'll take the lazy guy with the bad attitude who scores twice as much, and is two years younger.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I love two way players, but I ALWAYS want to have at least one big time sniper/scorer on my team, if not two. I like Fiala but you aren't getting him for his stellar checking game or physicality, and he doesn't play C. He also is a bit of a head case.

Laine

Fiala

I'll take the lazy guy with the bad attitude who scores twice as much, and is two years younger.
Wut?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Laine

Fiala

Comparing career numbers is disingenuous at best.

I also have no idea how he's a head case. Would love to hear how you came to that conclusion.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He gets emotional and takes bad penalties.

He rarely takes bad penalties out of emotion. You're blinded by his one bad hit in the LA game.

Also isn't known for consistent play.

He's been pretty consistent for the last year and a half. The points might not be, but that's more because of his teammates than him.

Comparing players is disingenous?

Yes, comparing their career stats is disingenuous, because it doesn't take into account that Fiala took a few years to develop into the player he is now. His stats from his first three years don't depict the player he is now, so using them to compare him to Laine is disingenous.

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fiala's career high is 23g.

Laine's career low is 28g.

Again, if Fiala was a Center, or a really good two way player, or younger, then I can listen. By any objective measure, Laine is a more valuable player. If you want to project that Fiala will be in the future, then you are really drinking the Fiala Koolaid. Saying that I am "blinded" is quite ironic.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala's career high is 23g.

Laine's career low is 28g.

Again, if Fiala was a Center, or a really good two way player, or younger, then I can listen. By any objective measure, Laine is a more valuable player. If you want to project that Fiala will be in the future, then you are really drinking the Fiala Koolaid. Saying that I am "blinded" is quite ironic.

You keep arguing things that I'm not saying.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
He rarely takes bad penalties out of emotion. You're blinded by his one bad hit in the LA game.

He's been pretty consistent for the last year and a half. The points might not be, but that's more because of his teammates than him.

Yes, comparing their career stats is disingenuous, because it doesn't take into account that Fiala took a few years to develop into the player he is now. His stats from his first three years don't depict the player he is now, so using them to compare him to Laine is disingenous.

uhhhhh fiala takes bad penalties every time he goes into a scoring slump, something ive noticed well before the boarding.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well, would you rather have a player that is vested? Or one that slacks?

Laine has tons of skill, but I would take the player that's just a little bit worse but works his ass off every night. I wonder what Fiala would look like playing with Scheifele, Connor and Ehlers.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
would you rather have a player who slacks, but scores twice as many goals, or a vested player that scores half the amount? Neither player is known for their defence, or their positional flexibility.

It depends on the team. Laine would be an asset to any team, but a team like EDM, TOR or TBL doesn't NEED him desperately. I would argue that a team like NSH, or us, desperately needs a player like him, especially given his age.

Again, Laine is, and has been WAY more productive in the NHL. It's not like Fiala is just a tad less productive.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Laine has tons of skill, but I would take the player that's just a little bit worse but works his ass off every night. I wonder what Fiala would look like playing with Scheifele, Connor and Ehlers.
Agree wholeheartedly. Attitude is infectious. One way or the other.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am usually the guy who is arguing for "character", and gets pilloried for it. What is going on here?:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad