Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Seatlle’s Roster looks pretty alright. They should be in the mix for the playoffs. I’m surprised they didn’t get more quality futures, though.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
They can send out Reeves but they'd have to replace him with someone.

CapFriendly currently has them with...
  • 14 forwards
  • 6 defensemen
  • 2 goalies
  • -$1.8m in cap space
They're going to need to move out someone line Smith for cheap just to fill out a 23 man roster.
Vegas is set up pretty nicely to move Smith, Tuch, and Stephenson off the main roster along with whatever futures it takes to get Eichel.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
They can send out Reeves but they'd have to replace him with someone.

CapFriendly currently has them with...
  • 14 forwards
  • 6 defensemen
  • 2 goalies
  • -$1.8m in cap space
They're going to need to move out someone line Smith for cheap just to fill out a 23 man roster.
Reeves going for a 3rd does change this a little since you could replace him with a $800k lawn chair. I shouldn't be surprised that someone was willing to take that contract, but paying a 3rd for it... well, go beat up Tom Wilson, I guess.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Even with the Makar signing, and Johnson sitting on the sidelines, our D group costs more than the Avs next year, nvm the three years afterwards when Suter's contract is on the books for a greater amount. ROR, Addison, Lambos, and the like can't get here too quickly.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Stepan goes to the Canes for just about the same price that the Wild are paying Freddy Hockey

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Kessel asks for a trade. Former Penguin...
giphy.webp

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
i mean, he is on the last year of his deal... if AZ retained it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. 43 in 56 last year on a garbage team. would be a linemate for fiala :laugh:
Ok...I guess that wouldn't be terrible. I thought he was signed longer.

Depends on the ask. I can't imagine I'd be all that thrilled about giving up much of anything of real value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad