Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I could see Yeo having success in Philly. Idk, I always thought he was a decent coach with an effective system. Just didn't work out after the team stopped buying in. Wishing him the best of luck as he always came off as a genuinely nice guy.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I could see Yeo having success in Philly. Idk, I always thought he was a decent coach with an effective system. Just didn't work out after the team stopped buying in. Wishing him the best of luck as he always came off as a genuinely nice guy.
Say what one will about him, he's the only coach to win a playoff series in Minnesota in like a decade. I wouldn't want him hired long term if I was a Flyers fan, but I'm a little curious to see what he does with the current roster.

Reactions: zellmatic

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One person that seems to think the team is need of is one of Yeo's former players in Minnesota, Zenon Konopka.
And Konopka's pet rabbit, Hoppy.
Konopka spent parts of two seasons with the Wild under Yeo's watch and played in 73 games, recording one goal and one assist. He was placed on waivers by the team during the 2013-14 season (he was claimed by the Buffalo Sabres) and according Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune the two did not really see eye to eye during their time together.
On Wednesday Yeo was asked about Konopka's Tweets and said that he didn't really care about what Konopka had to say, but that he was "really disappointed to see Hoppy holding that sign."

It's hard to get mad at a man who can come up with that line.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Yeo was such a throw back to the ol' 'I'd rather never give up a chance than create a chance' philosophy that he got tiresome to have around. Whatever it is that the Wild have become this year, at least they are fun.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
why did boudreau get fired in minnesota

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Guerin was just looking for a reason to get rid of Boudreau. The timing of it was kind of odd because the Wild weren't playing all that poorly when he got fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad