Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I had forgotten just how terrible the Avs' tv crew was.....it wasn't until late in the 3rd that I realized I had accidentally skipped over the Sharks' feed on Center Ice.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wilson needs to be taken out of the league one way or another. And whoever is in charge of the Capitals twitter page needs to be fired. They are literally bragging about their guy taking out a player.

Reactions: MK9

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I would expect that Wilson would have to take a seat for a few games.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Hilarious that is Wilson’s punishment given his history but we get to watch Fiala and Soucy sit multiple games for first offenses while getting significant in game punishment as well.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The Rangers were eliminated from the playoffs, I guess there are some hurt feelings...
Childish statement.

Wilson has the right to defend himself, he was attacked by at least four players.
He was fined $5,000 for that Buchnevich facewash, this started the spectacle. Fair enough.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The Rangers were eliminated from the playoffs, I guess there are some hurt feelings...
Childish statement.

Wilson has the right to defend himself, he was attacked by at least four players.
He was fined $5,000 for that Buchnevich facewash, this started the spectacle. Fair enough.
The right to defend himself sure but the actions he took on panarin hardly seem warranted. Defending yourself or not since when can you throw a dude into the ice like that and not have some kind of suspension? Player safety has been really high in the head shots yet this gets no suspension?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Childish statement.

Matt dumba fined 5000 for squirting water

Kevin fiala 3 games suspended for Bosrded

Whoever works @ player's safety are blatantly biased against teams like wild,,& favor teams like Washington

Will never ever forget Pierre-Marc Bouchard being suspended for no reason

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The right to defend himself sure but the actions he took on panarin hardly seem warranted. Defending yourself or not since when can you throw a dude into the ice like that and not have some kind of suspension? Player safety has been really high in the head shots yet this gets no suspension?

Panarin has a lower body injury, not head. A high end player like him should be smart enough to stay away from this kind of stuff, and certainly not with his limited frame try to fight a 6'4 well known agitator. Parnarin asked for this.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Childish statement.

I guess my main issue with what Wilson did to Buchnevich was that Buchnevich was literally laying defenseless, face down on the ice. This is very different than all those times Mike Tyson "face washed" guys in the ring. Face wash... you can actually see the shock-wave from the punch go through Buchnevich's body. This is an ignorant thing that you've said. And what about Buchnevich's right to defend himself? If he's helpless, shouldn't that fall on his teammates? Panarin did what any good person should do, and stepped in to help someone that needed it. I understand why Capitals teammates aren't trying to stop Wilson, but quite frankly, someone on that team should have a discussion with him. I'm someone that has always cheered for the Caps, and almost always cheered against the Rangers, and even I can see Wilson's actions were clearly not right, at all.

The lack of consistency and clear guidelines from the NHL has become extremely troubling, and people are getting injured because of it. Some of those injuries have had lifelong effects. With this decision they basically just said "you won't get suspended if you punch prone players in the head and bodyslam players by their hair, as long as it's after the whistle." I love hockey, and have always been a fan of the NHL, but I'm a bit disturbed by this decision. With all of the mishandling of player safety I have seen from the league, I have no intention of getting my kids deep enough into hockey that they'll even be able to consider turning pro. Lets let it just be a game where psychotic actions with the intent (and capacity) to injure aren't taken.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Pretty impressive display of violence. I'm shocked he didn't get a massive suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->