Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Kessel needs the puck on his stick to be engaged. Fiala is a puck dominant winger. Not sure they would be compatible.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pegula's saying that they are looking at moving the Bills to Austin, or possibly Portland, if they don't get funding for a new stadium. If they actually do move the Bills, there is no way they want to be seen again in Buffalo, if they value their safety.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Eichel to the Rangers?
No idea if the rumors are true, but they are the most likely team. They should trade Kaapo regardless before his value drops further, they need negotiation leverage over Z this year, and they want to win now.

Heck, Rangers would still be ahead if they offered Laf and a bluechip D prospect (plus Strome and another cap dump).

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Gotta feel for oiler’s fans. They can’t seem to luck into a somewhat competent GM to save their lives. Half the GMs in the league could’ve built a cup contending team around McDavid and Draisaitl. Probably quite a few people outside the league as well. And they just can’t seem to identify the right people.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
All of a sudden I'm feeling better about Spurgeon's contract.

I'm not...yes, crazy money is being thrown around, but Minnesota didn't have to partake in it. Trade Spurgeon, get value back. If one thing Minnesota doesn't have issues with, it's developing good defensemen.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm not...yes, crazy money is being thrown around, but Minnesota didn't have to partake in it. Trade Spurgeon, get value back. If one thing Minnesota doesn't have issues with, it's developing good defensemen.
We bought Suter, and Spurgeon was a gift from NYI. We didn't develop him. Brodin and Dumba we can take credit for, though i suspect that Brodin came to us as is, and Dumba, IMO, has had a very uneven development. Soucy...you could argue that Duluth had more of a hand in his development, but we can take some of the credit, there.

Bottom line is that we shouldn't put our shoulders out of joint trying to pat ourselves on the back.

Reactions: Roman Maroni

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We bought Suter, and Spurgeon was a gift from NYI. We didn't develop him. Brodin and Dumba we can take credit for, though i suspect that Brodin came to us as is, and Dumba, IMO, has had a very uneven development. Soucy...you could argue that Duluth had more of a hand in his development, but we can take some of the credit, there.

Bottom line is that we shouldn't put our shoulders out of joint trying to pat ourselves on the back.
The Wild should just fold since they are not good at anything.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
and Spurgeon was a gift from NYI. We didn't develop him.

Spurgeon- Games played in the NYI system: 0, Games played in the Wild system: 730 games. And yet, the Wild didn't develop him?

Scandella, Burns, Schultz, Mitchell, Stoner, Prosser, Reilly, Michalek...Yeah, Minnesota doesn't develop defensemen.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The Wild absolutely developed Spurgeon. NYI never signed him. We did, we stuck him in our system, he cut his teeth in the minors in this franchise's development guidance in the minors and to the show.
Spurgeon- Games played in the NYI system: 0, Games played in the Wild system: 730 games. And yet, the Wild didn't develop him?

Scandella, Burns, Schultz, Mitchell, Stoner, Prosser, Reilly, Michalek...Yeah, Minnesota doesn't develop defensemen.
I agree with your point, but a better list of examples...

Burns, Brodin, Dumba, Soucy, Schultz, Spurgeon, Stoner, Scandella

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Apparently the patch size can be no bigger than 3 x 3.5 in, which is slightly larger than what the NBA currently has.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Disgusting but it figures, once they got away with helmet ads you knew this was coming. Never let a panic go to waste.

Guess I'm never buying another jersey, will scale back any random merch buys as well.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Disgusting but it figures, once they got away with helmet ads you knew this was coming. Never let a panic go to waste.

Guess I'm never buying another jersey, will scale back any random merch buys as well.
Yeah, so I assume these patches will go on jerseys for sale as well? Guess I better buy one this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->