Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Just because he's finally finding success with the Preds, doesn't mean he would've seen the same production with the Wild.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'd take that over the old reds and this year's winter classic jersey.

I'm no fan of the Wild's jerseys, but "Smash Ville"? Just corny. I know they aren't marketing these to old shits like me, but c'mon.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm no fan of the Wild's jerseys, but "Smash Ville"? Just corny. I know they aren't marketing these to old shits like me, but c'mon.

Nashville has had that nickname for years now. They have had merchandise around it in years past too. It's local/team marketing, really not any different than the Wild and their use of the North Star colors for things. And really just about anything is better than the awful yellow jerseys NSH has.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Nashville has had that nickname for years now. They have had merchandise around it in years past too. It's local/team marketing, really not any different than the Wild and their use of the North Star colors for things. And really just about anything is better than the awful yellow jerseys NSH has.

Yeah, I'm aware of the nickname, just always thought it was cheesy and forced. Now if the Preds actually played a tougher style of hockey ala Broad Street Bullies, then Smash Ville would seem more appropriate. A name like that should be earned, not just granted because "Smash" rhymes with "Nash". And maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, I'm aware of the nickname, just always thought it was cheesy and forced. Now if the Preds actually played a tougher style of hockey ala Broad Street Bullies, then Smash Ville would seem more appropriate. A name like that should be earned, not just granted because "Smash" rhymes with "Nash". And maybe I'm just over thinking it.

It doesn't fit this current team very well, but in past years they earned the name. They played a heavy/physical trap game that just would grind teams down.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Not going to mince words.

Holy shit that's hideous.

New Jersey fans have to be happy about that. Knocks them down to #2 for worst jersey this season.

My god that's repulsive.

They look like pajamas for a 12 year old.
Jersey's jersey's are perfect because they tell you they're jerseys. I would have been confused otherwise.

I've always had a soft spot for ugly jerseys, especially Nashville's. I'll have to consider this one for a while. It's awful and I think I love it.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad