Around The League LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Canucks wanted Dubinsky as a third line center, back when he wasn't making so much. Doubt it's him they're scouting.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
My mistake. However this is the first time he's played center in the NHL - the Rangers used him exclusively on the wing.

If I remembered correctly, in New York, he basically split his time between the 2 spots.
He started as a winger, but in latter years, due to his faceoff prowess, he was being used more and more as center.
He played both relatively well, but I think he is better as a center.

To be honest, he is basically Kesler, with less scoring touch and less consistency, and a lot crazier.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Dubinsky? we all going all Americans here?

We do have alot of player like him. Questionable 20 goal scorers that are inconsistent and streaky which can rotatable 2nd and 3rd line.

Very Booth and Higgins like.

Dubinsky is over paid like Booth too.

No thanks. Rather Schreoder stay as our 3rd center.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I don't see how Dubinsky fits on the Canucks, especially with Kesler back.
I see him as a 2nd/ 3rd line tweener, and not talented enough for the 1st line, at least on a permanent basis.
He probably would not mesh with Kesler, because he is a crash-and-bang forward, and does not have enough playmaking ability that Kesler needs.
He would be amazing on the 3rd line, but he has a 4.2 million cap hit.

Plus, Columbus would never do it.
He is a hear-and-soul player who can do a bit of everything and is even willing to do the dirty work, and that is what is lacking in Columbus.
He might be more talented than some of the forwards the Canucks have, such as Hansen and Higgins, but they have basically the same skill set, and they are a lot cheaper.
I like Dubinsky, but he really does not fit on the team right now.

What i like about him is he can play the wing or center. I am fine with Schoeder as 3rd line center, what i am not okay with is what happens if one of the centers gets injured. It was good to give Burrows some time. I would like up to have a player who can fill in well in either position.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Just some mindless scuttlebutt, aabout 19 NHL scouts from 17 teams were watching the CBJ-SJS game, including one from Van.

Gotta be Brassard.

Man, Lindback lucky to have prevented two goals, then turns around and robs MTL of another. This game should be 3-0 MTL.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Acquisition cost is too high, in my opinion. But otherwise I think a line of Booth/Kesler/Dubinsky would be incredible. They'd just flat get after pucks, but I'm higher on Dubinsky than most people are I guess. I remember pushing for him and Booth last year before the Booth trade. Love his game.

Edit: don't think Dubinsky has been great the last year or so, so I do think it would be a risk. Still, I do like the way he plays hockey.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Acquisition cost is too high, in my opinion. But otherwise I think a line of Booth/Kesler/Dubinsky would be incredible. They'd just flat get after pucks, but I'm higher on Dubinsky than most people are I guess. I remember pushing for him and Booth last year before the Booth trade. Love his game.

Edit: don't think Dubinsky has been great the last year or so, so I do think it would be a risk. Still, I do like the way he plays hockey.

I like Dubinsky. Umberger too. But I think that it's too soon for CLB to think trade for Dubinsky after just acquiring him. Umberger hasn't started well... his contract though is just too much for this team to take on without sending similar salary out.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Woah... might Lu waive to go there still even with a new GM?

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
2 goals on Holtby on 9 shots....

Luongo + Booth + Gaunce + 1st

for

Nik Backstrom + Brooks Laich

:sarcasm:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Fact or speculation? I thought they were happy with Bob?

Speculation, but the stigma of playing in CLB has long since been weak management. This is a signal to everyone that this is no longer going to be the case. I guess word was sent out to other teams in anticipation of this. CLB is going to change big time.

KidCanuck*

Speculation, but the stigma of playing in CLB has long since been weak management. This is a signal to everyone that this is no longer going to be the case. I guess word was sent out to other teams in anticipation of this. CLB is going to change big time.

Agreed, expect a blow up rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad