Around the League: Hockey Is In the Air...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Random question, whats the best website to find a players Corsi by linemates/ defense partner? Just looking to do some research on my own.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Hey Leafs fans ! Avs fan coming in peace here.. Let’s play a game when TheJackAttack have to prove a point concerning Jack Eichel and he have to put or compare him to Matthews or Mackinnon. We got to take a shot. Deal? I noticed it lately that it’s kinda rare that he doesn’t put either Matthews or Mackinnon in the same conversation as Eichel. Am I the only one who noticed this?

Reactions: The Podium

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Sergei Shumakov who has left CSKA Moscow (Ozhiganov and Zaitsev's old team) seems to be stirring interest. Or maybe it's just agent hype.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

A pretty unrealistic thought to add Seguin though, for a number of reasons.

First, the guy is going to get $10 mil plus, so I'm not sure how we'd fit that in, along with Nylander, Matthews and Marner.

Second, he's a pretty solid C, and we don't really need another at this point.

The only way this ever works, is if somehow we sign him, and flip Nylander out for a RHD. Seguin could play RW.

This does make us older, I'm not sure how much better, (depends on the D coming back) but it would be interesting.

If he doesn't sign, I suppose we can look forward to another year of speculation about him signing here.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Maybe Tyler will join Taylor when he hits UFA.
Don’t understand why Dallas won’t resign him but again, I don’t know how much is Tyler is asking. Could they be holding up due to being in the EK sweepstakes?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Got a cap questions. How does bonus works for players not on ELC contracts? Like say Kapanen signs a new contract for 2mil/yr for 5 yrs, but he has a few bonus clause like 500k if he makes the All star team, 2mil for Hart Trophy and 3mil for winning Conn Symthe. How will the bonus be incorporated into the Cap? Or can players have bonuses when they are not on ELC contracts?

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Got a cap questions. How does bonus works for players not on ELC contracts? Like say Kapanen signs a new contract for 2mil/yr for 5 yrs, but he has a few bonus clause like 500k if he makes the All star team, 2mil for Hart Trophy and 3mil for winning Conn Symthe. How will the bonus be incorporated into the Cap? Or can players have bonuses when they are not on ELC contracts?
From CapFriendly's FAQs:
Not all players are eligible for Performance Bonuses, and to receive a bonus within their contract, a player must meet one of the following criteria:
  1. The player is on an entry-level contract.
  2. The player has signed a one-year contract and is over 35 years old.
  3. The player has signed a one-year contract after returning from a long-term injury (has played 400 or more games, and spent 100 or more days on the Injured Reserve in the last year of their most recent contract).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i find it very interesting how patches is like he's not relinquishing the captaincy in Montreal.
um. dude. you kinda don't have a choice. if the Coach/GM tells you you aren't it, takes the C off your jersey and puts it on someone else... that's it.

this really isn't the hill i'd die on. quite frankly.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
i find it very interesting how patches is like he's not relinquishing the captaincy in Montreal.
um. dude. you kinda don't have a choice. if the Coach/GM tells you you aren't it, takes the C off your jersey and puts it on someone else... that's it.

this really isn't the hill i'd die on. quite frankly.

Maybe he really want to be a Hab for life. Or it is his way of showing Bergervin and others they sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad