Around the League 28: Expect the unexpected

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I would think a dark horse candidate would be Salt Lake City.

Won't happen. SLC is nowhere near big enough for the NBA and NHL. If the Coyotes leave, it will most likely be Houston.

Perhaps this version

This is worse than Neil and l agree with HisIceness. My 2 cents.

Gonna have to agree. I tried to like that show, couldn't do it. The characters are annoying. Penny is attractive though.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Won't happen. SLC is nowhere near big enough for the NBA and NHL. If the Coyotes leave, it will most likely be Houston.

You and I will just have to disagree on the concept of cities only being big enough for a limited number of sports. In my opinion the "sports dollar availability" argument is a fallacy. Sports fans often support multiple sports teams, moreover, they support sports of their choice. So hockey fans will go see hockey games basketball fans will attend basketball games. Rabid fans of either sports are season ticket holders. If they are fans of both sports they may be season ticket holders of one team and by a few single game tickets of the other. The idea that interest creates a finite supply is something I don't buy into. In the end it's all about demand....and yes, I get the argument about luxury boxes and corporate sponsors too. Again, to me, that's more about effective marketing and advertising.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
You and I will just have to disagree on the concept of cities only being big enough for a limited number of sports. In my opinion the "sports dollar availability" argument is a fallacy. Sports fans often support multiple sports teams, moreover, they support sports of their choice. So hockey fans will go see hockey games basketball fans will attend basketball games. Rabid fans of either sports are season ticket holders. If they are fans of both sports they may be season ticket holders of one team and by a few single game tickets of the other. The idea that interest creates a finite supply is something I don't buy into. In the end it's all about demand....and yes, I get the argument about luxury boxes and corporate sponsors too. Again, to me, that's more about effective marketing and advertising.

That, and SLC is winter sports obsessed, and the demographics align MUCH more closely with hockey fans more broadly than basketball fans. Even if only one franchise could survive between hockey and basketball, I would be far from shocked if the hockey team won out.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Genuinely sad that Lundqvist is done.

Not often that I will miss a non-Hurricane.

His last appearance in a Rangers uniform was shaking hands, er, fist-bumping, the winners of the Qualifying round. The same winners that he tortured for years.

At least our team finally got some "revenge" on him before he called it quits.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Still not the ugliest Freejack I've ever seen.

p13715_i_h9_aa.jpg

I don't remember this scene in mighty ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad