Around the League 28: Expect the unexpected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Suter's surprising. Gotta assume he requested it after learning Parise would be bought out.

But with that much cap space and actual money tied up in those buyouts over the next few years, can't expect the Wild to be relevant any time soon. Especially if the Krill situation doesn't work out in their favor

It's not that much actual money though.

Both are about $800K / year for $6.6M total over the 8 year. that's not much. The cap hit is no worse than if they just kept him for the full 4 years left and then is only $800K for 4 years after that.

They actually save a lot in cap space next year, a little the following year and then basically none in year 3-4 before it goes down to an $833K hit per year.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
So while Dumba is now a no-go, how about Suter? From what I saw of him the last 2 years, he can still play at a high level. (granted, I didn't see as much this year).

A Suter/Pesce pairing could be intriguing if Skjei is chosen by Seattle.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Suter is going to be a great veteran pickup for some team. I would hope it was the Canes just to keep him away from some of the competition.

Yeah, I'm sure fans of every other team is saying he'd be a good fit just like I did. Knowing how this works, he'll probably end up in Tampa on a minimum deal.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Yeah, I'm sure fans of every other team is saying he'd be a good fit just like I did. Knowing how this works, he'll probably end up in Tampa on a minimum deal.

Lord help us. I can see it though, maybe they add Parise as well to ride off into the sunset. Boston, Toronto, Colorado or Vegas would be tough too.

OTOH adding Parise + Suter to this group for the window does seem awfully like Rod's speed. If the price was right.

Last edited:

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
i haven't paid attention to know if parise is worth having on a team, but it sounds like suter could help somewhere.

i assume the main board will be 'speculating' one or both to toronto for league minimum deals shorty, if not already.

Reactions: geehaad and DaveG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Honestly the cap hits for those 2 in years 2-4 are so atrocious, why would you ever buy them out?
Because the cap hits if they stay with the team are also atrocious and at least this way you can protect a forward and Dumba in the expansion draft. Zac was cooked, so a guy on an ELC can replace him. Suter is tougher to replace, but still worth it to keep Dumba.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
So while Dumba is now a no-go, how about Suter? From what I saw of him the last 2 years, he can still play at a high level. (granted, I didn't see as much this year).

A Suter/Pesce pairing could be intriguing if Skjei is chosen by Seattle.

Term should be low, which is perfect for what this teams needs in the short-term if Skjei departs (a bridge for Bean). He should be cheaper to boot.

As a legit contender, it's not an unrealistic concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad