NHL Around the League: 2021 Regular Season II - Poutineville fires Claude Julien

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I can tell you that it's been very entertaining listening to Tony Marinaro on TSN 690 Montreal this morning.

He's not wrong though, Price has been average at best for the last 4 years . Somehow people still call him the best goalie in the world which he hasn't been for a long time. Price has allowed at least one bad goal per game this season .

Claude takes the fall.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
be between him and Babcock I`ll wager, old boys club BS and I have long said I believe Babcock was the most over rated coach in the NHL

How about Gallant as their new head coach? Been there, done that as far as being behind the bench of an expansion team. Personally, wouldn`t lose a wink of sleep if Babcock wasn`t given another NHL job but I won`t be that lucky, I just think he`s a first class asshat

I think Gallant would be a prime candidate but the fact that he doesn't speak any French is likely why he won't be at the top of the list.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He's not wrong though, Price has been average at best for the last 4 years . Somehow people still call him the best goalie in the world which he hasn't been for a long time. Price has allowed at least one bad goal per game this season .

Claude takes the fall.
pretty direct correlation between a goalie not stopping pucks and a coaches chance of retaining their job, Price hasn`t exactly been great the last few years.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
pretty direct correlation between a goalie not stopping pucks and a coaches chance of retaining their job, Price hasn`t exactly been great the last few years.

It's not all on him , he has played with some pretty bad Dcorps but he has to take a good lump of the blame. Soft goals are soft goals no matter who is on D .

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
They go from Claude to that rat Burrows, what a downgrade. Glad they are imploding, they always seem to win the early Stanley Cup then fade away. I do not see them getting Babcock, he is already committed to the University Of Sask, that would be horrible for him to do that.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’m really surprised how many people still seem to think Claude Julien is a top coach this day and age.

Game has changed and he hasn’t. He had two 8+ game losing streaks in one year last year. Seemingly the Habs are trying to avoid that right now.

Did he have a Stanley Cup contending roster to work with? No. But Claude has major problems adjusting IMO and he hasn’t shown much in his time in Montreal or the end of his Boston tenure of being able to pull a team out of the gutter before they hit rock bottom. His final two full years here (and what very well could have happened a third time if he was not fired) was defined by a decent roster stumbling epically when the going got tough and more specifically when the year was concluding and the playoffs were near.

There is no doubt he has accomplished a lot and has an impressive resume. But it’s a “what have you done for me lately?” kind of business and it’s been years since Claude has lived up to the reputation he earned long ago.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I’m really surprised how many people still seem to think Claude Julien is a top coach this day and age.

Game has changed and he hasn’t. He had two 8+ game losing streaks in one year last year. Seemingly the Habs are trying to avoid that right now.

Did he have a Stanley Cup contending roster to work with? No. But Claude has major problems adjusting IMO and he hasn’t shown much in his time in Montreal or the end of his Boston tenure of being able to pull a team out of the gutter before they hit rock bottom. His final two full years here (and what very well could have happened a third time if he was not fired) was defined by a decent roster stumbling epically when the going got tough and more specifically when the year was concluding and the playoffs were near.

There is no doubt he has accomplished a lot and has an impressive resume. But it’s a “what have you done for me lately?” kind of business and it’s been years since Claude has lived up to the reputation he earned long ago.

What he has done lately is turn a very underwhelming Montreal roster in the past 5 years into a bubble team that no one wants to play against.

You do not put Claude at the helm of a young rebuilding team. You put him at the head of a veteran team looking to play better than they are.

Montreal has gone from the latter to the former. So, time to change.

Reactions: sarge88 and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad