NHL Around the League: 2021 Regular Season II - Poutineville fires Claude Julien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
And Habs killers in that first round. Pretty sure Ryder had like 7 or 8 points in those 4 games against his old team.

Yeah I think it was 7 points, with a goal in each of them. Couldn't have been a better person to roast the Habs that year.

Reactions: bbfan419

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
who are u talking about... Joel Bouchard isn't the interim coach of the Canadiens

No it's Ducharme but you suggested that it should be Burrows and I pointed out that he was the assistant to Joel Bouchard so Bouchard would be ahead of him .

Ducharme is not an unknown, he was head coach of silver and gold medal winning Canadian WJC teams in 2017 and 2018

He also coached at the ECHL level and AHL.

Reactions: bbfan419

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
No it's Ducharme but you suggested that it should be Burrows and I pointed out that he was the assistant to Joel Bouchard so Bouchard would ahead of him .

Ducharme is not an unknown, he was head coach of silver and gold medal winning Canadian WJC teams in 2017 and 2018

He also coached at the ECHL level and AHL.

read it again...

the only claim DD has at any level is Halifax.... QMJHL, no where did it state anything prior to his being named assistant coach in Montreal

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Montreal really cripples themselves by insisting on French speaking management/coaches. Yes, I know that Quebec is fiercely proud of its French heritage but the Habs are cutting themselves off from quality people who could help them. Not that I mind their short sightedness but you would think they'd realize this harms the team. Or maybe they fear the backlash if they decided to go the other way.

The irony is that the actual French consider Quebecois to be mongrels(their word, not mine). But this is from Parisians, who don't like anyone that isn't Parisian. It's just funny how proud and stubborn they are about it when their supposed motherland does not consider them anything but embarrassing.

It would be like if the US demanded only Spanish-speaking coaches and touted up the choice due to history and heritage while Spain and South America rolled their eyes.

I know the British still make fun of Americans for their "English"

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The irony is that the actual French consider Quebecois to be mongrels(their word, not mine). But this is from Parisians, who don't like anyone that isn't Parisian. It's just funny how proud and stubborn they are about it when their supposed motherland does not consider them anything but embarrassing.

It would be like if the US demanded only Spanish-speaking coaches and touted up the choice due to history and heritage while Spain and South America rolled their eyes.

it's like the Acadian dialect of French, which as generations advance, the descendants stop or elect to stop conversing in that language.

much of the French communities here in Maine have fallen to that generation divide, at least in the Southern portion of the State, there's still pockets up in Aroostook, though where the surname like Bouchard are still prevalent.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Clode to Seattle?
be between him and Babcock I`ll wager, old boys club BS and I have long said I believe Babcock was the most over rated coach in the NHL

How about Gallant as their new head coach? Been there, done that as far as being behind the bench of an expansion team. Personally, wouldn`t lose a wink of sleep if Babcock wasn`t given another NHL job but I won`t be that lucky, I just think he`s a first class asshat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

2 years ago I was in Paris and I was admonished by a clerk

Sir - Please speak English - Hearing Quebec French with a Boston accent is painful. :oops:

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Habs are gonna Hab. Claude got everything he could out of that roster.

They have a real mental disease up there where any player that has a good game is the 2nd coming and they have a team of Hart candidates.

Same way they won't admit Price is overrated and a lot closer to just another Jose Theodore than the next Roy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
it's like the Acadian dialect of French, which as generations advance, the descendants stop or elect to stop conversing in that language.

much of the French communities here in Maine have fallen to that generation divide, at least in the Southern portion of the State, there's still pockets up in Aroostook, though where the surname like Bouchard are still prevalent.
so much history in the Maritimes, I worked with a fella who had distant relatives in Louisiana, New Orleans itself if I recall, and they celebrate Cajun connection with fairly well known summer festivals. I recall him talking a bit about the history and connection, said his roots are originally in France, they were taken to the Maritimes, then a few thousand of them were shipped (literally) to Louisiana

The Maritimes has connections to so many different parts of the world, really interesting culture for anyone who has been there

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Young Claude

R2f77825e8114c18a772f984897a662e6
That's almost as weird as pictures of young Getzlaf with hair :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad