Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If i am the Kings i'd give up Turcotte in a trade for Eichel. Then they become Eichel/Kopitar/Byfield/Villardi/Kupari down the middle.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
That'll be an interesting one to follow. Kings and Rangers are very well-suited. I don't see the Ducks being involved at all. Minnesota has a very interesting prospect in Rossi, so yeah they are probably a team to look at as well.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That's a bit interesting. I thought Buffalo was trending the right direction, but he specifically mentioned that things got worse after he got hurt, so he's not talking about the previous problems.

Man, I would love us to get him, but I don't think we are well suited as well. Either way, I am sure Bob will call. Whatever some posters say, Bob will put effort in if he sees it can improve the club. He went far with the Dubois talks, and I'm sure he will at least look at the opportunity to get this centerman as well.
But yeah, I don't think we are perfect trade partners.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's a bit interesting. I thought Buffalo was trending the right direction, but he specifically mentioned that things got worse after he got hurt, so he's not talking about the previous problems.

Man, I would love us to get him, but I don't think we are well suited as well. Either way, I am sure Bob will call. Whatever some posters say, Bob will put effort in if he sees it can improve the club. He went far with the Dubois talks, and I'm sure he will at least look at the opportunity to get this centerman as well.
But yeah, I don't think we are perfect trade partners.

I think it's a risk to get him. Who knows how serious this injury is. I don't want him on the Rangers either. Ducks need to stay the course, keep drafting well, and maybe go after a UFA the following summer or this summer to improve scoring, and hope the kids keep making progress. I cannot imagine what the ask will be, and it will likely be around Zegras or Drysdale, no thanks.

Reactions: Mr Rogers and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think it's a risk to get him. Who knows how serious this injury is. I don't want him on the Rangers either. Ducks need to stay the course, keep drafting well, and maybe go after a UFA the following summer or this summer to improve scoring, and hope the kids keep making progress. I cannot imagine what the ask will be, and it will likely be around Zegras or Drysdale, no thanks.
Certainly no Zegras or Drysdale.
I agree there are at least some concerns regarding his injury but he is locked up for some time, I'm sure there would be a lot of good seasons from him.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree there are at least some concerns regarding his injury but he is locked up for some time, I'm sure there would be a lot of good seasons from him.

Ducks need help no question, but rather get that help via Draft, Free Agency, or within their system. It's the more patient approach but it's the less risky one, than moving the kitchen sink to get one player who could have a serious career-altering injury.

Reactions: lwvs84

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ducks need help no question, but rather get that help via Draft, Free Agency, or within their system. It's the more patient approach but it's the less risky one, than moving the kitchen sink to get one player who could have a serious career-altering injury.
I do believe we will need to do trades to move forward quicker and be successful again soon. Zegras and Drysdale might be producing right away, but other players will take years to reach close to their potential.
But I clearly get and partially agree on the Eichel concerns. It might be a too big of a deal a bit too soon.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It’s going to be an interesting offseason league wide. Eichel being traded would be the biggest domino to fall in a long long time

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

You can’t get Eichel without giving up Zegras. And to be honest I do that in a heart beat, Eichel is only 4 years older, signed through his prime years and is an elite talent, a top 10 forward in the league. That’s the absolute best case scenario for Zegras.

Reactions: Deuce22

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
It will be interesting to see how much McDavid scores in the playoffs. It is a different type of hockey, and not nearly as wide open. He will do well, but I don't know if the Oilers are built for success in the playoffs.

McDavid scored just fine last playoffs. It was the rest of the team that was a letdown. Interesting to see how they do this time. I think they should make past the first round rather easily, especially if they face Winnipeg who have poor defence and Hellebuyck hasn't had a great season. The series against Toronto will be a big one.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
You can’t get Eichel without giving up Zegras. And to be honest I do that in a heart beat, Eichel is only 4 years older, signed through his prime years and is an elite talent, a top 10 forward in the league. That’s the absolute best case scenario for Zegras.
I'm sure it would be Zegras +

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Can someone who has been following it better than I tell me when we think the playoffs are starting?

I'll be in Vegas next week and staying close to the arena so I may want to catch a playoff game if I can. Although I'll probably just be bitter and grumpy the whole time and then try to fight the knight mascot.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can someone who has been following it better than I tell me when we think the playoffs are starting?

I'll be in Vegas next week and staying close to the arena so I may want to catch a playoff game if I can. Although I'll probably just be bitter and grumpy the whole time and then try to fight the knight mascot.

Hope this helps..

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
NHL is probably hoping Calgary/Van gets eliminated ASAP so they can go ahead with the North division playoffs while the Flames and Canucks are still finishing their seasons. MTL needs a single point to clinch.

Yup, that’s what I figured. So, jumping on any bandwagons?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Awesome. If the golden knight doesn't kill me in hand to hand combat then the weekend grand canyon hike will.

This is going to be you and the Vegas Mascot....

39C1514D-8125-4D64-9D0A-2CF1BC43B54C.gif

Reactions: duckaroosky

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yup, that’s what I figured. So, jumping on any bandwagons?

Anyone but the Leafs or Vegas lol. Haven’t really decided who I’m rooting for yet, I like the three top teams in the Central the most probably, wouldn’t mind seeing any of them win.

What about you?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone but the Leafs or Vegas lol. Haven’t really decided who I’m rooting for yet, I like the three top teams in the Central the most probably, wouldn’t mind seeing any of them win.

What about you?

I may jump on the Jerks bandwagon, root for Hakanpaa, still hoping Fleury turns out very good for us, and rooting for your trade partner, well, maybe karma is a real thing. lol.

Well, I've been a Bruins fan since 1967 or so, so they're always there for me.

Maybe you can reincarnate Brad Park and Jean Ratelle . . . :)

So, Bruins are your first team? I kinda assumed that with your handle. I guess we can both share our hate for Tom Wilson, who nearly tried to kill both of our players, lol.

Reactions: Bergey37

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I may jump on the Jerks bandwagon, root for Hakanpaa, still hoping Fleury turns out very good for us, and rooting for your trade partner, well, maybe karma is a real thing. lol.

So, Bruins are your first team? I kinda assumed that with your handle. I guess we can both share our hate for Tom Wilson, who nearly tried to kill both of our players, lol.
Yeah, we can do that! Next time you're out here, let me know - you'll be the first Rangers fan ever I'd by a drink for!

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad