Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
The 2nd and 3rd overall picks of the 2005 NHL draft had their contracts bought out. Time flies, seems like just yesterday the Ducks missed out on Crosby by one pick.

Reactions: Kalv

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The 2nd and 3rd overall picks of the 2005 NHL draft had their contracts bought out. Time flies, seems like just yesterday the Ducks missed out on Crosby by one pick.

I remember at the time being disappointed we got Ryan and not Johnson. In hindsight we picked the much better player.

Reactions: McDonald19

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
still think the league made sure the pens got the #1 pick as a solid for lemieux saving the franchise

Reactions: McDonald19

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
For every good thing Bergevin does in MTL he does 2 dumb as f*** things. What is he thinking with the Anderson contract?
Overall he’s a brutal GM. He loses too many transactions by a lot to be considered a good one or even average

Reactions: Paul4587

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
January 1 is pretty optimistic IMO. I'd bet it gets delayed again.
I’m thinking February or possibly March. And it’s going to be a 48 game season like in 2012-2013

they blew the opportunity To have an 82 game season the minute they played those playoffs. Can’t say I blame them because playoff revenue > regular season revenue. But sucks for the teams that didn’t make the playoffs. And especially the fans of those teams (us)

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
There were so many comments from Canucks players after they fell out of the playoffs, how much they want to keep together and give it a shot next year. Now, Markstrom, Tanev, Toffoli are gone. Not that it is a surprise, given the cap, but still, I expected this to be a bit different.
I think we can compete with them next year. They doesn't seem to have much depth

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
There were so many comments from Canucks players after they fell out of the playoffs, how much they want to keep together and give it a shot next year. Now, Markstrom, Tanev, Toffoli are gone. Not that it is a surprise, given the cap, but still, I expected this to be a bit different.
I think we can compete with them next year. They doesn't seem to have much depth

You spoke too soon....

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Brackett was a godsend for Vancouver and his scouting department nailed virtually every top 10 pick the Canucks had (+Boeser), but Benning has given out a ton of brutal contracts to depth forwards and has the Loui Eriksson anchor attached to him (soon to be followed up by what will be the Tyler Myers anchor) that cost them those guys you mentioned above.

Even before the Schmidt trade, I still had them penciled in as a playoff team because the division is incredibly weak and their young guys are dominant enough over an 82-game stretch to win games on their own, but it feels like they are middle of the pack.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not relevant to us so it's posted in here, but the arbitration schedule is out if anyone is interested (looking directly at you, @Leonardo87).

Personally, I cannot wait for the hearing on October 30 ;)

DeAngelo just re-signed, good deal also. Ryan Strome is going to be a concern though. He is a borderline 2C/3C who is seeking elite 2C money. Skating with Panarin well certainly inflate your numbers. Lol

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Jumbo Joe signs with the Leafs. Man, even as a Ducks fan that stings a little. The rivalry won't be the same without Joe.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Jumbo Joe signs with the Leafs. Man, even as a Ducks fan that stings a little. The rivalry won't be the same without Joe.
There is no such thing as a rivalry when both teams suck.

Reactions: pbgoalie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille