Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Karlsson is supposedly healthy. If true, they could be decent. Depending on the schedule, they could challenge for a playoff spot. If it's division heavy, they could feast on some of the other teams

Although if Jones and Dubnyk are as bad as last year it won’t be pretty. They’re banking on bounce backs from both guys.

Reactions: lwvs84

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Although if Jones and Dubnyk are as bad as last year it won’t be pretty. They’re banking on bounce backs from both guys.
Jones is terrible but I think Dubnyk will be fine. Overall I think they’ll squeak into the playoffs and lose 1st round

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Helge Grans with 6p in 7 SHL games so far.

Him being Swedish, RHD with size and Madden saying some players they really liked were snugged just before them. Gotta think they were picking Grans, if LA would pass on him. Still early and love Colangelo. Just a thought.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don't see the point of an all-star game, which is a purely fan service event, in a season where you can't have fans in the stands.

Agreed, and it would be an absolute shame if the Ducks loan chance to host a major NHL event occurred under those circumstances.

A draft would be fun for the established fan but hosting an all star weekend could be huge for continuing to grow the game in the area, assuming fans are actually able to attend.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
During Covid a Florida or Arizona team should host it as it will be as empty as it is when there is no covid.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Helge Grans with 6p in 7 SHL games so far.

Him being Swedish, RHD with size and Madden saying some players they really liked were snugged just before them. Gotta think they were picking Grans, if LA would pass on him. Still early and love Colangelo. Just a thought.

Grans to LA hurts a lot. I would have taken him at #27 but don't mind Perrault either. I think Grans will be one of the better players out of this draft. But with Drysdale, Moore and Nickl we got some good ones. Perrault fills a big need as well, as does Colangelo.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it'd be very, very NHL to give the ducks the ASG during a pandemic when no fans are allowed

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If there is a pandemic, the season's length will be at question. Why sophisticate with an ASG? It's easily the first thing to cut out.

Yeah, they are still trying for a full season. Cancelling the ASG game and AS break is the 1st step and will certainly help, but they also need to extend the regular season till maybe end of April, and condense the games with what they have, imo. We saw back to back SCF games, so anything is possible. Are they concerned with the playoffs going into the Olympics? But are the Olympics still going to happen? So many questions right now.

Reactions: Kalv

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Sucks watching clips of Moritz Seider and knowing that he'll be a Red Wing for 10+ years. He's going to destroy a lot of players with his hits. He's going to be a player you hate to have your team play against but absolute love if he's on your team.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sucks watching clips of Moritz Seider and knowing that he'll be a Red Wing for 10+ years. He's going to destroy a lot of players with his hits. He's going to be a player you hate to have your team play against but absolute love if he's on your team.
Yeah he will be amazing. I remember us allegedly being interested in him with our pick. If we would have that chance and really drafted him, I would have hated it at first but would absolutely love right now.
Not that I am disappointed in Z tho, but Seider looks like will be a #1D
Broberg also have looked really good when I saw him while watching Sundsvik.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The Mitch Miller thing is weird. I get not drafting him on character grounds -- I wouldn't draft him -- but I don't get drafting him, being on notice of his background, and then changing your mind. If you think he's turned a corner or something, say so. You're probably wrong, but have a little courage. Terrible decision to draft him, terrible decision to renounce him, by a terribly run franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad