Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/karlser01.htm
Erik Karlsson has had a 5 year downward trend in his points per game rate that wasn't noticeable at first because he was still produce at an elite level for an Offensive Dman.

His shooting % has gone way down over same span as well.
After his 82 points in 82 game season which is 1.0 point per game he has gone: 0.92, 0.87, 0.85, 0.71, 0.30.

This year he is not even producing as well as Hampus Lindholm and you can't say Karlsson has worse forwards to feed the puck to. Couture, Meier, Hertl, Kane, LeBlanc is a better group than the Ducks top forwards.

Karlsson goals per game has gone from 0.13 his last year in Ottawa to 0.06 1st year with San Jose to 0.11 the 2nd year in SJ.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Karlsson has just been rattled by all sorts of injuries. He still sees the ice better than anyone but physically he is nowhere near where he used to be.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I actually watched the entire game. It was well deserved and paid off cause they won.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
So why is VAN not up in the standings? Good roster and with Green a coach that is considered to be superior to Eakins.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
So why is VAN not up in the standings? Good roster and with Green a coach that is considered to be superior to Eakins.
Green is definitely no longer seen superior to Eakins, he's in the exact same category of inexperienced coaches wrestling in a class seemingly way above their level. He seems to have lost the locker room completely up there. Vancouver plays no defense whatsoever and their structure sucks, and the players have started mailing it in knowing that.

Also their high octane offensive talent has just slowed down for whatever reason. They're not even scoring as much as the skill they have should have them.

Reactions: Masch78 and Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
That's a stunner, I thought Burke was happy with broadcasting and done with being in a front office. I wonder what kind of influence he's gonna have there, guessing not nearly what the internet thinks but also guessing he didn't get back in just to be a buffer between Hextall and ownership.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That's a stunner, I thought Burke was happy with broadcasting and done with being in a front office. I wonder what kind of influence he's gonna have there, guessing not nearly what the internet thinks but also guessing he didn't get back in just to be a buffer between Hextall and ownership.
Burke is a good hire for them who want to squeeze another run for the cup. Burke has his flaws but he has proven that he can build a championship-caliber team. I don't think Burke will get them there, but I definitely see the logic in this hiring.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
getzlaf is clearly jealous of burke's hair

542893220.jpg.jpg

Reactions: Kalv and duxfan1101

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Karlsson looks f***ing horrible for San Jose. Just the 6 more years on his contract :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad