GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
I keep reading that phrase "polishing a turd", as I am not a native English speaker, it is unfamiliar for me.
Can someone gif it so that we get this thing straight?

Regarding the Lames - Laughs game.

giphy (1) (3).gif

Reactions: oilers'72

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Nah, only applies to Matthews and the center of the universe.
Leaf fans continue to find random stats to try to prove the superiority of a player who has a high shooting % that's highly unlikely to be sustainable.
Leading in a category called:
*checks notes*
“stick checks”

Can’t make this shit up. Oh wait, they do. And are using it as a way to prop up Matthews, who is a player with an unreal shot but is not elite in any other way.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I keep reading that phrase "polishing a turd", as I am not a native English speaker, it is unfamiliar for me.
Can someone gif it so that we get this thing straight?

Regarding the Lames - Laughs game.

View attachment 399429

It's a euphemism or an analogy for something that is clearly shit, but is constantly praised up to be shiny. But it's still shit.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I bet the narrative will be all year that goal scoring is a premium and that’s why Matthews is more rewarding of the hart even though McDavid has more points. Then the media will turn around and go on and on about why Crosby is better than Ovechkin.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Imagine making 11 Million and having 2 ES goals. Tavares is ranked like 256 out of forwards for that lol. He gets his stuff on the pp. At leas he is doing that I guess, but you need your big #2 C and others to step it up. Basically half of his production is on the PP and OT.

The guy just looks like an Ethan Moreau out there, without the physicality.

Reactions: oilers'72

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Sabres are going to shatter the playoff drought record. How is anyone going to fix that team? Five of their Atlantic division rivals are in the top ten for point percentage right now, and four of them are in the top five.

1. Florida
2. Boston
3. Toronto
5. Tampa Bay
10. Montreal

Last edited:

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Top 10 Most Unbelievable Stats of the Pegula Era | Buffalo Hockey Central

"This team has not played truly meaningful games as the calendar changes over to March since Lindy Ruff was head coach and Rasmus Dahlin was about to celebrate his 11th birthday."

Where they have been to start March:

2012 – 12th
2013 – 14th
2014 – 16th
2015 – 16th
2016 – 15th
2017 – 13th
2018 – 16th
2019 – 12th
2020 – 13th

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Confirmed - Flames owners are cheap AF

A few weeks ago Stagan was doing the postgame show with Brendan Parker. They were chatting away not realizing they were still live on the air. Someone phoned Parker to tell them as much.

Stagan ribbed Gio about the shirt he was wearing during the postgame interview.

While he thought they were off air, he explained how the Flames are cheap when it comes to handing out swag to players, compared to Toronto where they would hand swag out like candy for everyone in his family. He joked (I think) When he arrived in Calgary he had to wear a shirt Stephane Yelle wore in 2007.

It’s not really a good look for him to call the team responsible for his employment cheap after making millions of dollars working for them, now during a pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad