GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Leafs fans think they are a power house in the Nhl, leading a weak north division,LoL!

Ottawa is a punching bag who you collect 2 points of atleast as long Chabot is injured!

When you drops a 5-1 lead against Ottawa, then you arent a good team,period!

Sux that Shames took 2 point tonight, but it was expected!

Leafs was blanked against their backup, they had 7 pp,LoL!

I actually thinking that we are the best team in the North!

After a shaky start of the season,we finally got some goaltending. Our D has been more steady recently, think they missed KlefB very much and it took a while to sort it out!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Legit question. Who is the biggest homer of them all?
-Hrudey
-Mirtle
-Cassie

Definitely Mirtle. At least the other 2 can sorta give credit to opposition now and then, even if rare.

Mirtle is all Leafs all the time. And he gets legit triggered on radio when hosts critique their poor play

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Definitely Mirtle. At least the other 2 can sorta give credit to opposition now and then, even if rare.

Mirtle is all Leafs all the time. And he gets legit triggered on radio when hosts critique their poor play
It is 100% Mirtle because he sounds like an HF poster on Twitter for a media guy lol. The others don't say things like he does.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Flames did a good job on AM on the PK. teams will start doing that more. Too many teams have given him way too much room to fire it up.
Vancouver being at their worst against them as well as the Sens have inflated their stats.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Just saw the Flames shut out the Leafs tonight.

iu

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Gord Miller mentioned the biggest broadcast about the biggest homer of all in Calgary, "Badger" Bob Johnson. In the 1985/86 season, the Flames had lost 11 in a row. He never seemed to criticize the team. In an 8-1 loss to Hartford, he could only praise the PP goal they scored.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
So Pastrnak has 9 goals in 9 games now and 1.56 P/GP. Is he the front runner for the Hart now, or is he ineligible because he's missed too many games and doesn't have enough puck retrievals/60?

Nah, only applies to Matthews and the center of the universe.
Leaf fans continue to find random stats to try to prove the superiority of a player who has a high shooting % that's highly unlikely to be sustainable.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Didn't pastrnak have 18/19 goals in 20 games last year to start? I never hear people talk about him. I think he was on a 59 goal pace last year.

Reactions: oilers'72

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Monahan and Gaudreau deployed for just 1 defensive zone faceoff all game
Remember when people called Monahan a two-way player?

Flames' Sean Monahan flying under the radar as one of Canada's elite players - Sportsnet.ca

Kneeordano said:
“Oh ya, I agree,” said Flames captain Mark Giordano of his team’s top centre.
“His ability to score goals is right up there with anyone in the league. He’s consistently found a way to put the puck in the net right from the start of his career, which isn’t easy.
“As he gets older his two-way play is stepping up, too – he’s playing against top players every night.”

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Didn't pastrnak have 18/19 goals in 20 games last year to start? I never hear people talk about him. I think he was on a 59 goal pace last year.
Zibanejad scored 41 in 57 last year, and I don't think TSN or Sportsnet made a peep about it.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad