GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I don't know if you guys have a different TSN frontpage that they curate for fans located in Alberta, but this is what I see when accessing from the States:

It's the 24/7 Matthews hype show; no wonder Leafs fans have been even more obnoxious about him this season when fed this diet of articles

x61DWbM.png

Same NHL front page here.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Can't see there being much of an impact on ratings with McDrai not playing. I don't think you get a lot of people watching games of teams they aren't fans of. I get that a few casual fans of a team might be a little more likely to watch one of their team's games if they are playing the Oilers because of McDavid. I have zero interest in any games outside the Canadian division.

I'm getting to know the other Canadian teams but wouldn't willingly tune in to a Leafs game to watch Marner and Matthews. I'm meeting a friend for dinner tonight at a place where the Leafs - Habs game might be on one of the TVs. That is the closest I get to watching a Leafs game that the Oilers aren't in.

I really think more people tune in to see certain players than a team with so much access to out of market games these days and I'd be willing to go out on a limb to say McDavid on his own probably draws in a bit of a higher viewership in areas where the Oilers didn't draw much viewership before.

At the the end of the day, whether you're an Oilers fan or not, it's a major ball drop by the league to leave its biggest superstar and his team on the sidelines on Hockey Day.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Dubois out with a lower body injury. I honestly has no idea he played against CGY. I didn't really hear his name until the end of the game.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Galchenyuk is on pace to being the next Mike Sillinger.

Lol they're going to end the season 5-45-5 I bet lol

And they'll be hurting for 2 weeks with 2 warm bodies going out and waiting for Dzingle to clear the quarinteen window

They weren’t really playing those 2 much. Taxi squad and 4th line duty so I don’t think they will be missed. Their AHL team is in Belleville so they can easily call up 2 guys with no worries.

Reactions: yukoner88

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The Ottawa Senators roster really is just a random mish-mash of glue players. Tkachuk and Chabot are the only two especially talented players there and neither are superstars. It's not like they don't try but damn if they're just physically incapable of generating scoring chances with skill.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ottawa doesnt look half bad but in the offensive zone just way too cute for a team that hasn’t won in a month.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Who do you guys want to win in the MTL game? I wouldn't mind MTL knocking TO down a little peg. So cocky. I haven't been that impressed in our games against TO and we were not even trending up then

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Who do you guys want to win in the MTL game? I wouldn't mind MTL knocking TO down a little peg. So cocky. I haven't been that impressed in our games against TO and we were not even trending up then
Toronto is likely to win the division but we have a shot at catching up to Montreal.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Believe it or not but they haven't quite reached peak levels of delusion yet. They are only a few steps from doing the old Scooby Doo reveal with TSN actually being 'Toronto Sports Network' and changing the site and logo colours to Leafs blue. Then the front page will just be a giant picture of Nostrils, and only Nostrils. No other content required.

That is the exact perfect time for the Leafs to have their epic fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad