Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
He's now the QB of my Carolina Panthers so he is well on his way to forgetting the Jets exist while wishing he could forget the Panthers exist.
QBs who don't get off to a relatively good start to their careers in the NFL often find their careers don't turn out the way they expected.

As an ASU alum and fan, I have come to love the guy. He probably save Clay Helton's job, and that has been a very good thing for ASU.

Reactions: BigKing

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
What a recently lopsided trade, already....

Mantha has 4 goals in 5 games for the Caps, it might be little bit premature to call it lopsided. As I'm sure has been pointed out repeatedly, it was more like two trades:

Mantha for Vrana + late 2nd
Taking on 2 years and 5.6 mil in real cash of Richard Panik's deal = late 1st in a average/below average draft

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Mantha has 4 goals in 5 games for the Caps, it might be little bit premature to call it lopsided. As I'm sure has been pointed out repeatedly, it was more like two trades:

Taking on 2 years and 5.6 mil in real cash of Richard Panik's deal = late 1st in a average/below average draft

Yea and Mantha is locked up for a reasonable deal. I like it for both teams...

Reactions: YP44

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

As with any trade, time will tell.

Jake The Snake is a beast though. Last 2 season's he's stepped up his play on another level. He started this season continuing that trend but slumped recently. Prior to that he had been super steady though. Dude hasn't even reached anywhere near his full potential yet.

Mantha just finds a way to put points up on the board, and he'll continue (already has) to do just that. If Washington wins another cup, then of course it's a great trade for them. Slightly similar with the Richards trade for Simmonds, Schenn, + 2nd rounder gave us 2 cups but the dude fell apart at the start of the 2nd cup... still, it was worth it because of the 2 Cups :naughty: and who cares what happened with those 3 players after that)

The 2021 1st rounder and 2022 2nd rounded is what also puts this trade over the top. Again, time will tell depending on who Stevie Y drafts as well.

I just like Jake The Snake's game. The 4 goal game last night (on a dreadful Wings team) is tip of the iceberg.

Similarly, like Kaprizov in Minnesota or Forsberg in Smashville, perhaps Jake will be a big factor in turning around that franchise.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Toffoli continuing to light the lamp in Montreal.

Top 10 in goals, which begs the question, what are they putting in the cupcakes up there!?

ea1c0311f595299bbf99ee15ec3f2580.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BringTheReign

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Lousy trade, Kings should have kept him.
Let's see how Madden and Faber turn out before we call it a lousy trade. It was time for the rebuild and I don't think Toffoli is going to be in the NHL when the players the Kings received in return for him are challenging for a playoff spot.

Reactions: Gjwrams

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Let's see how Madden and Faber turn out before we call it a lousy trade. It was time for the rebuild and I don't think Toffoli is going to be in the NHL when the players the Kings received in return for him are challenging for a playoff spot.

From Toffoli's performances post-trade, I think it's pretty reasonable to expect him to still be in the league by 2023 or so. He's only 29 years old, and he's having a fantastic season.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
With no Eichel, and no Hall, the Sabres are 5-5-1 in their last 11 games, with wins over Washington, Boston and Pittsburgh.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Really though is it not apparent by now about the Kings' 'offense tax?'

There's a long, long list of guys who score 10-20 points more when they leave, or before they arrive.
Can't really point to anything as the cause either. When Kopitar almost got to 100pts, it was like witnessing a comet. The last time the Kings really had a powerful offense was what? Early 2000s?

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
From Toffoli's performances post-trade, I think it's pretty reasonable to expect him to still be in the league by 2023 or so. He's only 29 years old, and he's having a fantastic season.

And Toffoli is on a terrific contract. Montreal has scored here.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
And Toffoli is on a terrific contract. Montreal has scored here.

Lucky we locked AI up or we'd have to hear about "we don't have any top six wingers" and "wow I guess x player that left the Kings IS a top six winger" for like the 10th time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad