Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Jason Robertson (Dallas) putting up points like he’s trying to run down Kaprizov. Kid factors in a lot of goals for The Stars and is on a scoring streak as of late.

Reactions: jfont

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kings might finish ahead of Calgary and Columbus.

Since Sutter joined the Flames they are 8-11-0, a .421 winning percentage, which is the ninth lowest winning percentage since March 11 (when he took over their bench).

In that time, the Flames rank 21st in goals per game (2.47), and 15th in goals against per game (2.79). They do have the lowest shots against per game though, limiting opponents to an average of 26.1 shots.

I'm not sure that team is built for Darryl Sutter hockey. Then again, they do have old, plodding stiffs like Lucic in the lineup...

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hard to believe Blake can't put together a better offer for Calgary than what FLA paid for him.

The Panthers gave up a prospect they just drafted 43rd overall in 2020 and a 2nd round draft pick next year for Bennett.

That would be like the Kings giving up Helge Grans or Brock Faber and an additional 2nd rounder for Bennett. I think most fans wouldn't be very fond of that move.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
The Panthers gave up a prospect they just drafted 43rd overall in 2020 and a 2nd round draft pick next year for Bennett.

That would be like the Kings giving up Helge Grans or Brock Faber and an additional 2nd rounder for Bennett. I think most fans wouldn't be very fond of that move.

Perhaps...but the guy is 24 years old with a good upside and fills a huge need in the roster. Guess we can wait 5 years from now to see what becomes of Grans/Farber and that draft pick.

Reactions: tomd

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I think Bennett would’ve been pissed to come here given where the Kings are right now. I think he’s a playoff warrior but he’s also made it clear he and his agent won’t sit idly if he doesn’t like the spot or role he’s in. You’ve gotta be careful with players like that when you’re still establishing yourself as a team.

If we were a playoff team, then yeah, absolutely would’ve been a great add.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

I would’ve given up Grans and a future pick for him easily.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Damn he’s smooth.

I admit, I wasn't on the TZ wagon (wanted Caufield) but either way, I just want the Kings to for once have one of those purely skilled guys that just make it look easy in the offensive zone. I don't care if they are short, or not tough enough, have defensive shortcomings or whatever other reason people always come up with to not draft them.

The interesting thing about Zegras so far is there were concerns about his ability to finish at the pro level, but that is 9 in 15 games in the AHL, or a 50 goal pace over an 82 game season. If he can score 25-30 a year in the NHL with his playmaking and vision he might hit the century mark down the road. I'm afraid the Ducks are going to get Guenther in this draft, and now they have Comtois-Zegras-Guenther line, which is going to be scary. The Ducks have to be ecstatic with what they have gotten with the #9 and #6 the last two drafts.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Sharks and Coyotes lost. Lead remains 5.

I wish we had gotten this kind of luck in 2015. All these teams above us keep sucking, but so do the Kings. I thought they were dead when they lost those games to the Sharks, didn’t expect St. Louis, SJ and Arizona to all keep sucking, had one of them even been .500 in last 10 the Kings are dead.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I admit, I wasn't on the TZ wagon (wanted Caufield) but either way, I just want the Kings to for once have one of those purely skilled guys that just make it look easy in the offensive zone. I don't care if they are short, or not tough enough, have defensive shortcomings or whatever other reason people always come up with to not draft them.

The interesting thing about Zegras so far is there were concerns about his ability to finish at the pro level, but that is 9 in 15 games in the AHL, or a 50 goal pace over an 82 game season. If he can score 25-30 a year in the NHL with his playmaking and vision he might hit the century mark down the road. I'm afraid the Ducks are going to get Guenther in this draft, and now they have Comtois-Zegras-Guenther line, which is going to be scary. The Ducks have to be ecstatic with what they have gotten with the #9 and #6 the last two drafts.

That was one of the imo undersold things about Zegras though--his work ethic. His shot before the draft was kind of meh. Not bad, not great, was seen as a pass first guy, but we've now seen him come in clutch at the WJC and for a guy that wants the puck, having options is great. He's basically Pettersson if he can stay strong on his skates.

Was one of my favorite prospects when I was watching a lot of Vilardi. He looked like a guy that 'gets it' even if his skating wasn't elite. Glad to see him showing up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad