KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
ng5XNnm.gif

Reactions: Reaper45

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I am one of Quicks biggest fans and supporters but he is done. I hoped he used this year to help mentor Peterson and prove to be a decent backup that could play a few games in a row if there was an injury. Quicks style and our Defence don’t mesh. Now Quicks style and his age are not meshing.

I am OK with him on the team next year as long as he gets in 30% of the games or less. I just don’t see that pissed off win at all cost mentality that I used to see in him. I think that helped push our players. Now it seems some nights he just doesn’t care if he lets go in or not.

Building a better defense in front of her goal tenders as key going forward. Unfortunately in quick case I hope it’s not too little too late

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Pens up 1-0 vs Bruins with 2 min. left in regulation in a very good game.

The game has a playoff feel.

Now over 1 minute left and 1st penalty of game just called, Pens on PP

Carter continues to be a strong performer. He's gonna give them great center depth when Malkin comes back in playoffs.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Carter continues to be a strong performer. He's gonna give them great center depth when Malkin comes back in playoffs.

Carter has been unbelievable for us. I watch a ton of Kings games and I did not expect him to be this good.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
I am one of Quicks biggest fans and supporters but he is done. I hoped he used this year to help mentor Peterson and prove to be a decent backup that could play a few games in a row if there was an injury. Quicks style and our Defence don’t mesh. Now Quicks style and his age are not meshing.

I am OK with him on the team next year as long as he gets in 30% of the games or less. I just don’t see that pissed off win at all cost mentality that I used to see in him. I think that helped push our players. Now it seems some nights he just doesn’t care if he lets go in or not.

Building a better defense in front of her goal tenders as key going forward. Unfortunately in quick case I hope it’s not too little too late

The old fire in Jonathan Quick still burns bright. I can tell he still tremendously cares about his team. No doubt.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Carter has been unbelievable for us. I watch a ton of Kings games and I did not expect him to be this good.

glad it is working out for him. Given the retention I think the Pens got a bargain on this deal, but also do not think Blake could have gotten more.
I think we will look at this trade as a clear win for the Pens.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Part of the problem for the Oilers is that they got McDavid too late. Had they gotten him when they got Hall, and Hall when they got McDavid, things might be different.

The Pens were able to take advantage of Crosby's ELC. The Oilers tried to do the same with McDavid, and almost got to the 3rd rd.

Should the Oilers find a way to the Cup one day, they'll likely be closer to the Kings than Hawks or Pens. The latter two were able to weaponize those ELCs. The Kings didn't win until after both Kopitar and Doughty were on their 2nd contracts. Washington being in that same boat, although they've been much more competitive over a longer period of time than the Kings.

TB is in there somewhere, but they got to pay most of their guys before winning too. Probably helped to keep some cap hits lower than they otherwise would've been. Plus, of course, the tax thing. Now that they do have one with their current core, the Lightning seem to be pretty good at what they do.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Part of the problem for the Oilers is that they got McDavid too late. Had they gotten him when they got Hall, and Hall when they got McDavid, things might be different.

The Pens were able to take advantage of Crosby's ELC. The Oilers tried to do the same with McDavid, and almost got to the 3rd rd.

Should the Oilers find a way to the Cup one day, they'll likely be closer to the Kings than Hawks or Pens. The latter two were able to weaponize those ELCs. The Kings didn't win until after both Kopitar and Doughty were on their 2nd contracts. Washington being in that same boat, although they've been much more competitive over a longer period of time than the Kings.

TB is in there somewhere, but they got to pay most of their guys before winning too. Probably helped to keep some cap hits lower than they otherwise would've been. Plus, of course, the tax thing. Now that they do have one with their current core, the Lightning seem to be pretty good at what they do.

To me the big difference is goaltending (Fleury vs rotation in Edmonton) and Pittsburgh was able to surround Crosby and malkin with a lot of really good vets. Roberts comes to mind. Hell even Mario played a year, and Ziggy a half a year.

Still crazy he walked away from Pittsburgh at over a PPG pace.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh

Carter played 19:56 yesterday, more than any other forward and the third-most time overall. I heard he didn't get nearly as much time with L.A., so it was interesting to see that happen.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Carter played 19:56 yesterday, more than any other forward and the third-most time overall. I heard he didn't get nearly as much time with L.A., so it was interesting to see that happen.

He also didn’t earn that much time in LA this season. He was pretty garbage for most of it. Poor puck control, lots of roller hockey turns and fly-bys instead of stopping on pucks, piss-poor effort fighting for pucks along the wall (i.e., mostly effort related). Some people may disagree with me, but other than the first week or so of the season, Carter was playing like someone who had mailed it in completely. The fact that he is apparently doing much better on the Pens is confirmation of that to me.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Carter, Toffoli, Martinez, Campbell, Muzzin, Forbort...all guys who have gone on to success after leaving LA. Something is definitely in the water in Manhattan Beach that is a real problem. There is a culture issue here and I'm afraid Blake and Luc are part of it. It needs to be fixed now before it infects the next generation of players.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Carter, Toffoli, Martinez, Campbell, Muzzin, Forbort...all guys who have gone on to success after leaving LA. Something is definitely in the water in Manhattan Beach that is a real problem. There is a culture issue here and I'm afraid Blake and Luc are part of it. It needs to be fixed now before it infects the next generation of players.

How motivated would you be to play hockey in LA? These guys have millions in the bank and would rather live the beach life. There's a reason Lombardi fixed the culture and it led to success. You can see it with Kopitar, Doughty, and Brown. They are still good but inconsistent and complacent at times. I didn't watch the game the other night but I've read the effort was terrible and that's a huge red flag. The guys mentioned all have something to play for with less off ice distractions and it shows. I wouldn't really put Campbell in that list as he was doing good in LA after they turned his career around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad