Around the League 2020-21 part 2 *Insert funny thread title here* edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
But this all started with you suggesting that Linden was the best Canuck in history.
I never said that he was the best.
I said he was the greatest. And I define greatness as his role in leading that '94 team. It all starts at the top and Linden was the consummate captain during that run.
He did everyone a leader should do. The 94 Canucks have 7 vs the 2011 game 7s are a prime and clear cut example of the leadership differences between those two squads.
The sexier team passed the eye test better but the lower skilled better led team came closer to the ultimate prize and almost came back from a 3-1 deficit in the SCF

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kopitar was the best player in the 2012 run and should have won the Conn Smythe. Maybe Brown.

2012:
Doughty
Quick
Brown
Richards
Kopitar

2014:
Williams
Doughty
Gaborik
Kopitar

There has only ever - ever - been one playoff series in which Kopitar was the Kings best player and that was the first round in 2014.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
2012:
Doughty
Quick
Brown
Richards
Kopitar

2014:
Williams
Doughty
Gaborik
Kopitar

There has only ever - ever - been one playoff series in which Kopitar was the Kings best player and that was the first round in 2014.
I mostly agree with this, but dude Quick stole top many games and series in 2012 .

Also, I think that doughtys role in both cups have been downplayed by many, but you are guilty of overplaying his role here

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I never said that he was the best.
I said he was the greatest. And I define greatness as his role in leading that '94 team. It all starts at the top and Linden was the consummate captain during that run.
He did everyone a leader should do. The 94 Canucks have 7 vs the 2011 game 7s are a prime and clear cut example of the leadership differences between those two squads.
The sexier team passed the eye test better but the lower skilled better led team came closer to the ultimate prize and almost came back from a 3-1 deficit in the SCF
But this whole idea seems to be based on your vague sense of narrative for a dressing room that I can only assume that you weren't in, and for a team that I doubt you watched regularly.

The 2011 team was missing Malhotra, Hamhuis, etc etc. Kesler was playing with a torn labrum on his hip, Ehrhoff was severely injured, Edler was severely injured, Raymond's back was broken. This whole narrative ends up being bullshit that they 'lacked leadership', when it wouldn't exist with a couple less injuries or a couple more bounces.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
But this whole idea seems to be based on your vague sense of narrative for a dressing room that I can only assume that you weren't in, and for a team that I doubt you watched regularly.

The 2011 team was missing Malhotra, Hamhuis, etc etc. Kesler was playing with a torn labrum on his hip, Ehrhoff was severely injured, Edler was severely injured, Raymond's back was broken. This whole narrative ends up being bullshit that they 'lacked leadership', when it wouldn't exist with a couple less injuries or a couple more bounces.
Never assume.
I'll been a hockey fan for than longer your admitted time and saw plenty of games.

The 2011 team shit the bed in game 7 and lost in 5 to an 8th seed the next year. That's on the captain.
Need I remind you that Linden had a multi point effort in his game 7

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
All of what I said, by the way, is not to discredit Stanley Cup champions. If you win the cup, you are a Stanley Cup winner, period.
But fans who believe that 'there is 1 team that has a good season and 30 losers' are out to lunch. There are so many variables that cannot be controlled for. You just build the best team you can, and do whatever you can to give them the best possible chance for a number of years.

For a long time, I used to commiserate with Kings fans as long time losers on the westcoast.
Now, it just gets lonelier for Canucks fans.

You will get Seattle soon. Just hope they don't take off like Vegas otherwise you will have their "fans" talking down to you.

Reactions: deaderhead28

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Never assume.
I'll been a hockey fan for than longer your admitted time and saw plenty of games.

The 2011 team shit the bed in game 7 and lost in 5 to an 8th seed the next year. That's on the captain.
Need I remind you that Linden had a multi point effort in his game 7
"That's on the captain" is just narrative driven b.s.
You're disregarding a bunch of injuries. Also, I said I doubted you watched much of the Canucks since they weren't your team. My 'assumption' was that you weren't in the 94 Canucks' dressing room.
That 2011 team had literally nothing to do with being a 'failure of leadership', that team lost Malhotra who was their matchup center. He had freed Kesler to be the 2nd offensive gunner after the Sedin line. So we had to use Kesler as a matchup guy. Then Kesler got horribly hurt in the conference finals.
We had no number 1 D, but had like 4 number 2 D. All of them were hurt. Hamhuis was the most essential one and he got hurt hipchecking Lucic.
I'm probably boring Kings fans who want to talk about what happened in New Jersey or Boston currently, so I'll stop. I disagree with you, vehemently. Perhaps I should leave it there.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
"That's on the captain" is just narrative driven b.s.
You're disregarding a bunch of injuries. Also, I said I doubted you watched much of the Canucks since they weren't your team. My 'assumption' was that you weren't in the 94 Canucks' dressing room.
That 2011 team had literally nothing to do with being a 'failure of leadership', that team lost Malhotra who was their matchup center. He had freed Kesler to be the 2nd offensive gunner after the Sedin line. So we had to use Kesler as a matchup guy. Then Kesler got horribly hurt in the conference finals.
We had no number 1 D, but had like 4 number 2 D. All of them were hurt. Hamhuis was the most essential one and he got hurt hipchecking Lucic.
I'm probably boring Kings fans who want to talk about what happened in New Jersey or Boston currently, so I'll stop. I disagree with you, vehemently. Perhaps I should leave it there.
you probably should

Reactions: Maynard

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Nazarov was one of the biggest pieces of shit to play during his time and a YT search shows him trying to hit a fan with a stick during his time as a coach in the KHL.

Complete thug so the source of the accusation is extremely questionable.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Nazarov was one of the biggest pieces of shit to play during his time and a YT search shows him trying to hit a fan with a stick during his time as a coach in the KHL.

Complete thug so the source of the accusation is extremely questionable.
lol It's more likely he punched the girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce