Around the League: 2019 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Highly doubt Vegas wants to do a solid for a divisional team looking for a defenseman. They were never going to trade with us.
It's Miller, he's an offensive 4/5D not an elite starting goalie or a 1C. Teams deal this level of player in conference/division.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Oh yeah, I'm sure Vegas considers us quite a threat.
Why would they help improve another team in their own division that they will play against 4-5 times trying to make the playoffs? The worse the Canucks are the easier it is for them. Not like we’re a playoff team with Colin Miller anyways but most GMs would rather trade outside the division unless it’s an absolute steal of a trade.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
It's Miller, he's an offensive 4/5D not an elite starting goalie or a 1C. Teams deal this level of player in conference/division.
I’m sure at least half the western conference could’ve used a player like Miller for this price (and probably would’ve paid more) and yet he still went to the East.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I’m sure at least half the western conference could’ve used a player like Miller for this price (and probably would’ve paid more) and yet he still went to the East.

by that logic other teams in the east should have paid more also.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not a single team pays more than a 2nd+5th for Collin Miller???? No freaking way
Unless Vegas was stupid enough to block every trade with a Western conference team

just22

Aug 2, 2009
by that logic other teams in the east should have paid more also.

Fair. I can’t imagine there wasn’t a team that didn’t offer something like and 2nd and 3rd or 4th if they really wanted to maximize value... maybe they were just dead set on sending him to a dump like Buffalo

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Fair. I can’t imagine there wasn’t a team that didn’t offer something like and 2nd and 3rd or 4th if they really wanted to maximize value... maybe they were just dead set on sending him to a dump like Buffalo

it could be expansion draft revenge.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
good trade by Buffalo. I actually like how vegas continues to get currency to play with going forward. they have a window and they can spend to get without completely f***ing their future.

edit: although they still need to make moves and go bargain bin shopping.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Honest question would you rather have Myers at 7 per 7 or Panarin at 11 per 7? I'm going with Panarin as would make our top six deadly but defense would still suck. Myers at anything and our defense still sucks and we don't have Panarin. Come on Jimbo make a splash and give us this.

Panarin Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Miller

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Any team that has 7 defenders better on merit than Alex Biega has the best blueline in the NHL by a country mile. Biega should have been playing top-4 minutes on this shambles of a defense the past couple years but on a good blueline should be on the 3rd pairing.

That Colin Miller deal will look brilliant next to the contracts given to Gardiner and Myers. Can't believe a skill RHD making what he is would be traded for so little.

We can agree to disagree. You stated he should be the #5 on this team. I agree. But I also think this team needs a top pairing D-man even as is. I don’t believe on a healthy blueline that you want to be good that Biega should be an everyday guy. I mean I want it to be one of the best in the NHL so...

A blueline “boasting” Del Zaster, Real Gud and Poo? Well ya. No brainer. It was shameful they didn’t play him ahead of those guys. Absolutely shameful.

It would likely be shameful to not play him ahead of Juolevi, Brisebois etc next season. Hell throw Myers in as well because quite frankly that is going to be a disaster if it happens. But on properly constructed blueline he’s a 7/8. Which again isn’t a bad thing. It means he’s playing 70 games a year and would be counted on to be a contributing third pairing guy.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
We can agree to disagree. You stated he should be the #5 on this team. I agree. But I also think this team needs a top pairing D-man even as is. I don’t believe on a healthy blueline that you want to be good that Biega should be an everyday guy. I mean I want it to be one of the best in the NHL so...

A blueline “boasting” Del Zaster, Real Gud and Poo? Well ya. No brainer. It was shameful they didn’t play him ahead of those guys. Absolutely shameful.

It would likely be shameful to not play him ahead of Juolevi, Brisebois etc next season. Hell throw Myers in as well because quite frankly that is going to be a disaster if it happens. But on properly constructed blueline he’s a 7/8. Which again isn’t a bad thing. It means he’s playing 70 games a year and would be counted on to be a contributing third pairing guy.

There are basically no defences in the NHL deep enough for him to be a 7-8 on merit. He should be a 5-6 on pretty much any team.

Look at the 3rd pairing guys on the top teams in the conference - Nashville, Calgary, SJ. St. Louis does have a deep blueline but they’re a major outlier, not the rule.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
There are basically no defences in the NHL deep enough for him to be a 7-8 on merit. He should be a 5-6 on pretty much any team.

Look at the 3rd pairing guys on the top teams in the conference - Nashville, Calgary, SJ. St. Louis does have a deep blueline but they’re a major outlier, not the rule.

Again we can disagree. I don’t think you can put him that high. My opinion.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
good trade by Buffalo. I actually like how vegas continues to get currency to play with going forward. they have a window and they can spend to get without completely ****ing their future.

edit: although they still need to make moves and go bargain bin shopping.

They really used the expansion draft to set themselves up that way too. They are in pretty good shape going forward.

Reactions: NoShowWilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad