Around the League: 2019 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Meh, there usually regular season superstars and fall apart in the playoffs. This year they continued their poor quality playoff play for the start of the regular season.

Meh dont care,we know where thell end up losing a playoff series AGAIN

They were never in my head, I just think there a fake team that fools everyone every year to believe THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT

:facepalm:

If the Blues win the cup I. WILL. QUIT. HFBOARDS. 4 EVA...

Congratulations, St. Louis. Party on.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Congratulations, St. Louis. Party on.
Eh, I was a part of a similar conversation around there, talking about how amusing it was watching the Blues fail. Mainly cause a Blues fan started out just smack talking the Canucks for no apparent reason within this topic on our board, while everyone was still in the playoff hunt.
:help:

I still can't say I like the Blues or was cheering for them... but they were the lesser of two evils here.
:sarcasm:

So, congrats on beating the Bruins and winning your cup, Blues. You did a good... but you aren't the Canucks so I still don't have to like you.
:naughty:

Reactions: Spektre

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
no love for the blues here, but i do like seeing a larry lunchbucket crew win the cup, and i love seeing the bruins stopped.

plus it reminds me of 94 with the tables turned on the final game outcome.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Screenshot_20190613-094423_Chrome.jpg

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
There was some real high end skill on that 94 team along with the fists.

and also on the blues.

it's obviously a bit of a reach, but you have a downtrodden expansion franchise without a cup win that made the playoffs with low expectations after an up and down season that came together by playing a disciplined game with key clutch performances led by a heart and soul centre and a talented russian goal scorer and some clutch moments that got them to game 7 scf. the blues do not have the same cast of characters and stories, but they have a number of familiar pieces.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Soooooo the speedier, more highly-skilled team known for their power-play dominance choked and gave up 4 goals in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final in a sad, pathetic effort on home ice while losing to a gritty, physical, hardworking lunchpail team in a series where the refs swallowed the whistles for the most part. This is just sweet, sweet poetic justice.

I sincerely hope this hurts for all those hypocritical Bruins fans and media who were such ***holes 8 years ago and since.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
and also on the blues.

it's obviously a bit of a reach, but you have a downtrodden expansion franchise without a cup win that made the playoffs with low expectations after an up and down season that came together by playing a disciplined game with key clutch performances led by a heart and soul centre and a talented russian goal scorer and some clutch moments that got them to game 7 scf. the blues do not have the same cast of characters and stories, but they have a number of familiar pieces.
Fair enough. Now the 1982 Canucks team, that was a blue collar lunch bucket crew.

Reactions: Regular David Bruce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad