Around the League: 2019 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
You guys will be happy to know that Forsling always left us wanting more....he’d score a great goal and move the puck well now and then but never on any consistent level.

I am happy anytime the Blackhawks get shafted.

Thank you!

thumbup1gif.gif

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
players should do what they want and get paid what they're worth, none of them are snakes, they're not fans, they're making a living, Anders Lee should do whats best for Anders Lee

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
players should do what they want and get paid what they're worth, none of them are snakes, they're not fans, they're making a living, Anders Lee should do whats best for Anders Lee

Anders Lee isn't a snake for wanting to get paid. He's a snake because he's a massive hypocrite criticizing Tavares for doing something that he himself is doing this year.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Anders Lee isn't a snake for wanting to get paid. He's a snake because he's a massive hypocrite criticizing Tavares for doing something that he himself is doing this year.

nobody knows a single iota of what is going on behind the scenes right now, or what went on before, and did he specifically call out Tavares?

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Maybe Lee is desperate to stay and the Islanders are low-balling him? Maybe he was calling out Tavares, but maybe Tavares told his Islanders team-mates he was gonna stay before ducking, who knows? I dont tend to judge unless I've got the facts of the situation

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Was perusing the Kings' picks and came across this article Re: Vilardi.
Didn't realize he had a lost development yr last yr with just 4 gms then a back injury. -That he's still hasn't recovered from.

Kings' Gabriel Vilardi: Will not attend development camp

CBSSports.com-Jun. 17, 2019

Vilardi (back) will not be at the Kings' development camp next week, Curtis Zupke of the Los Angeles Times reports.
Vilardi is still rehabbing his back injury in Canada and it's unknown whether he'll attend the Kings' rookie camp right now. Drafted 11th overall in 2017, the 19-year-old forward notched an assist in four games with AHL Ontario last season.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Was perusing the Kings' picks and came across this article Re: Vilardi.
Didn't realize he had a lost development yr last yr with just 4 gms then a back injury. -That he's still hasn't recovered from.

Kings' Gabriel Vilardi: Will not attend development camp

CBSSports.com-Jun. 17, 2019

Vilardi (back) will not be at the Kings' development camp next week, Curtis Zupke of the Los Angeles Times reports.
Vilardi is still rehabbing his back injury in Canada and it's unknown whether he'll attend the Kings' rookie camp right now. Drafted 11th overall in 2017, the 19-year-old forward notched an assist in four games with AHL Ontario last season.

I wonder if this is an issue that has been continuing for a while and that's why he fell so far at the draft. There was a serious case for him to be a top 3-4 pick and was being compared to Draisaitl

Reactions: xtr3m

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

They are snakes when they lie and mislead their teams about their intentions. If you want to leave say so, I respect that, it gives your team a chance to get a trade done and recoup something.

Reactions: xtr3m

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I wonder if this is an issue that has been continuing for a while and that's why he fell so far at the draft. There was a serious case for him to be a top 3-4 pick and was being compared to Draisaitl
I'd be almost certain that teams knew what was going on and we the fans just guessing off rumours and injury reports and the like.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Maybe Lee is desperate to stay and the Islanders are low-balling him? Maybe he was calling out Tavares, but maybe Tavares told his Islanders team-mates he was gonna stay before ducking, who knows? I dont tend to judge unless I've got the facts of the situation

I see Lee wanting and getting a big UFA deal, the kind that ends in a world of pain for that team, tradings away 1sts or a brutal buyout. I feel sorry for teams losing players to bad deals, you are damned now if you let the talent leave and you are damned later if you agree to a similar deal.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
A giant pile of garbage ... and Ben Hutton.

Seems odd that we were the only team in the league to not qualify a 22 minute/game 25 y/o defender.
He really stands out like a sore thumb on that list doesn't he.

Of course we have big things ahead to look forward to, can't be worried about throwing away functional 26 year old defencemen without recieving anything at all back now

Reactions: mossey3535

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
A giant pile of garbage ... and Ben Hutton.

Seems odd that we were the only team in the league to not qualify a 22 minute/game 25 y/o defender.

And I came across this tweet. Some are clueless.

EDIT Tweet had inappropriate language so doubt I could post it. Here it is in quotations

"Good lord. 88 NHL RFAs so far today were not qualified and became UFA's. Hutton was merely of a huge group. I guess all 31 teams are really [crappy] at asset mgmt. Many of those players had higher trade value than Hutton would ever garner. Learn about arbitration."

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
And I came across this tweet. Some are clueless.

EDIT Tweet had inappropriate language so doubt I could post it. Here it is in quotations

"Good lord. 88 NHL RFAs so far today were not qualified and became UFA's. Hutton was merely of a huge group. I guess all 31 teams are really [crappy] at asset mgmt. Many of those players had higher trade value than Hutton would ever garner. Learn about arbitration."

Ugh.

Hutton is literally the only top-4/top-9 player not qualified aside from Granlund. And Granlund is not really a top-9 forward.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Not many with Hutton's arbitration case situation. Arbitrator goes by data which suggests a good sized increase. Most players are not in same boat.

Brenden Gaunce must be considered a surprise with his upside as a top two way player. A bidding war is likely. Grandlund and hunter S. on same page again. So trade now a wash I guess?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Looks like I will have to "take the L" on this. I never thought it would actually happen thst the canucks would actually get hit with recapture. Still sorta feel like there will be a way out of it since it makes zero sense, but I also never considered thst Gloria would actually prefer a recapture to dealing with LTIR and basically force Luongo to either play or forfeit his salary.

Interesting.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell

Looks like I will have to "take the L" on this. I never thought it would actually happen thst the canucks would actually get hit with recapture. Still sorta feel like there will be a way out of it since it makes zero sense, but I also never considered thst Gloria would actually prefer a recapture to dealing with LTIR and basically force Luongo to either play or forfeit his salary.

Interesting.

Apparently Luongo might stay with the Florida org. in some way so he might end up getting back some or all of the money he left on the table I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad