Around the League: 2019 Offseason || Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Finally some semi-notable UFAs being snapped up, all on bargain contracts around ~1M.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Puljujarvi is basically just emphasising the stereotype millennials are being given - not willing to work for something, and instead wanting it to be handed to you.

Shut up and play.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
If it was anywhere but Edmonton (or Vancouver) I'd buy into that more, but there's enough to think its not all Pool Party. And I don't really blame him for wanting out, he wants off the team with the best player in the world....

Reactions: Caspian

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If it was anywhere but Edmonton (or Vancouver) I'd buy into that more, but there's enough to think its not all Pool Party. And I don't really blame him for wanting out, he wants off the team with the best player in the world....

A combination of both sounds fairly plausible.

Like you said it's no secret that team is where players go to watch their career crumble like a pack of cards. Only genetically mutated players like McDavid can actually carve out a reasonable career it seems.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
it's reasonable to suspect that the oiler's approach to player development has some flaws that prevent some players from realizing their full potential.

given that the oiler's subforum poolparty thread features serious discussion about the idea he eats his own boogers, it is reasonable suspect he needs help to realize his full potential and also that the magnifying glass that the oilers' fanbase puts their players under may be a little unhealthy for prospects.

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
Glad to no longer have Kypreos and MacLean screaming at me during intermissions, or John Shannon looking like he was always trying to BS his way through an oral presentation he completely forgot was due today.

Sad to still have Iain MacIntyre making me physically ill listening to the garbage coming out of his mouth

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I don't think it is young gun budget cuts at all. I think Sportsnet wants to transition to Friedman and Burke and such.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Glad to no longer have Kypreos and MacLean screaming at me during intermissions, or John Shannon looking like he was always trying to BS his way through an oral presentation he completely forgot was due today.

Sad to still have Iain MacIntyre making me physically ill listening to the garbage coming out of his mouth

I for one am happy I don't have to hear half assed Canuck analysis from all three of those guys. Everytime they spoke, it was crystal clear how little they actually knew/watched games.

Reactions: sting101

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don't think it is young gun budget cuts at all. I think Sportsnet wants to transition to Friedman and Burke and such.
Agreed,...I would be nervous being in any media job (print,TV,radio)..I doubt they will replace these hosts, just have fewer of them..wonder if Canucks host Dan Murphy gets the chop next?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

Combination.

They will give Friedman and Burke more prominent roles, but they will also give some new faces some screen time.

I think more Colby Armstrong, Jason York was on Ice Surfing last year and I could see him transitioning onto the main broadcasts, and maybe even Steve Dangle. Who knows maybe they give Bieksa a shot.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Combination.

They will give Friedman and Burke more prominent roles, but they will also give some new faces some screen time.

I think more Colby Armstrong, Jason York was on Ice Surfing last year and I could see him transitioning onto the main broadcasts, and maybe even Steve Dangle. Who knows maybe they give Bieksa a shot.
I wonder about that?...Its cheaper to pay no one.

Would be cool to see Bieksa doing TV though...witty and intelligent.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Markov to return to the NHL. His agent says he wants back in and will play for any of the 31 NHL teams, but his heart is with Montreal. 5 or 6 teams have already shown interest.
He is working out in Florida and his agent has been showing video of him working out to show he still has something to offer an NHL team.
Is he better than Biega or Fantenberg? Oh the curse of that damned cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad