Around the League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'm more of a "Police Stop My Car" kind of guy around the holidays.

Remember when New Jersey was going to be a contender this year?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Renaud Lavoie said that it was due to something in a personal nature.

not team related apparently

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-december-10-2019/

Darren Dreger added that a source told him the situation was bad enough that the Stars felt they had no choice but to immediately fire the coach. The Stars received a phone call about an incident that took place a few days earlier but Nill couldn’t divulge who that call was from.

whatever it was, it was reported to the STars on Sunday nite and they acted quickly

Dallas Stars Make Unexpected Move, Fire Head Coach Jim Montgomery

Jim Nill being questioned at the presser

But as the microphones were passed around the media in attendance, there were a lot of questions left without direct answers.
What was the act of unprofessionalism?

“I’m not going to discuss the act. Unfortunately, we can’t. That’s where I stand on that comment.”

Why can’t you discuss it?
“It’s out of respect for everyone involved. As I mentioned per my statement, we decided it was unprofessional, so a decision had to be made.”

What did the investigation entail?
“We went through all the records and the information we received. This all came to light on Sunday and once I received all the information, we sat down to digest everything. We talked to general counsel and made our decision
.”
RELATED PRODUCT

Last edited:

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
DeBoer is a decent coach. San Jose needs to retool and find a number one goalie.

Cali teams are long in the tooth. Maybe LA was will get the jump on the other two.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I thought PDB was a prime candidate to get fired if the Sharks didn't have a good start. Thought he might have saved himself once the Sharks started turning the corner, but I guess it wasn't enough. And to be fair to him I don't think Wilson gave him as strong roster this year as previous years.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
7347033942_a5216af12d_o.gif

giphy.gif

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I thought PDB was a prime candidate to get fired if the Sharks didn't have a good start. Thought he might have saved himself once the Sharks started turning the corner, but I guess it wasn't enough. And to be fair to him I don't think Wilson gave him as strong roster this year as previous years.
Sharks roster is pretty terrible no doubt. Not sure how Wilson has a job honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad