Around the League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Can recommend a certain coach who excelled last year with LA and is out of the NHL? WD40 would be perfect for the guppies. He could ensure they’ll get a great draft pick this summer. Oops, you traded that to OTT. SJ, you’re screwed.
Just another reason why Wilson should be fired.

Reactions: Sleeping Dog

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I am no fan of Luc but give me a list of NHL teams who were as poorly managed as the Kings were for that three year stretch and the GM kept his job. The Kings were trying to contend and they won a total of one playoff game while gutting the farm system with horrific trades and adding large amounts of payroll, in one case for about 15 years. Again I wish it hadn’t just been everyone moving up a spot and instead had been a complete gutting but you guys are crazy if you think any ownership group wasn’t going to act after what they saw from June 14 to April 17

Reactions: KingsFan7824

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I am no fan of Luc but give me a list of NHL teams who were as poorly managed as the Kings were for that three year stretch and the GM kept his job. The Kings were trying to contend and they won a total of one playoff game while gutting the farm system with horrific trades and adding large amounts of payroll, in one case for about 15 years. Again I wish it hadn’t just been everyone moving up a spot and instead had been a complete gutting but you guys are crazy if you think any ownership group wasn’t going to act after what they saw from June 14 to April 17
Well Poile and Wilson still have their jobs with 16-22 years of nothing to show for it. I would think that two cups in 3 years would get you a little bit more leeway, but clearly not.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I see the logic in this line of reasoning, but I also think upper management was sold a bill of goods by Robitaille when he told them the Kings were still contenders.

I think in the waning weeks, maybe months, of Dean's last season he knew exactly what he had on his hands and was making plans to bite the bullet and start fixing it. Sadly, this is obviously not the direction the Kings ended up going, and all they have to show for it is wasted time and an extremely high opportunity cost.

I trust Dean to learn from his mistakes and am a bit surprised he has not been given another opportunity with an organization suited to his talents in building from the ground up.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I see the logic in this line of reasoning, but I also think upper management was sold a bill of goods by Robitaille when he told them the Kings were still contenders.

I think in the waning weeks, maybe months, of Dean's last season he knew exactly what he had on his hands and was making plans to bite the bullet and start fixing it. Sadly, this is obviously not the direction the Kings ended up going, and all they have to show for it is wasted time and an extremely high opportunity cost.

I trust Dean to learn from his mistakes and am a bit surprised he has not been given another opportunity with an organization suited to his talents in building from the ground up.

I think he will be next sharks GM if DL wants it

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think he will be next sharks GM if DL wants it
I don't think Shark fans would look to favorably on that, but I could be wrong.

Many of them have been quite demonstrative in saying Wilson is better than Lombardi. Based on what, I don't know.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
So nothing huh? Disappointing.
There is nothing definitive, or in a written news article. There are people in the organization and players who have strong opinions. There are lower level employees who know Robitaille and his ability as a hockey personnel "expert". Let's just say Luc isn't Phi Beta Kappa. There are people with higher profiles in the organization who if they know you from seeing you at various events through the years will drop little hints.

There is a lot of reading between the lines required. All I can say if you know Dean and Luc even a little bit, you know Luc often felt Dean never took his input seriously, and basically told him to stay on his side of the fence. There is some genuine animosity on Luc's part and Dean never seemed to give a damn about Luc. Again, me reading between the lines here, but you can't help getting the feeling Dean felt Luc was representative of the failed culture he had to change.

Reactions: DryIslandBartender

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
There is nothing definitive, or in a written news article. There are people in the organization and players who have strong opinions. There are lower level employees who know Robitaille and his ability as a hockey personnel "expert". Let's just say Luc isn't Phi Beta Kappa. There are people with higher profiles in the organization who if they know you from seeing you at various events through the years will drop little hints.

There is a lot of reading between the lines required. All I can say if you know Dean and Luc even a little bit, you know Luc often felt Dean never took his input seriously, and basically told him to stay on his side of the fence. There is some genuine animosity on Luc's part and Dean never seemed to give a damn about Luc. Again, me reading between the lines here, but you can't help getting the feeling Dean felt Luc was representative of the failed culture he had to change.
Yeah it all makes sense, was just wondering if there was anything more concrete. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad