Around the League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Just that in theory, 1-16 is the best concept.

I never really agreed with that. Beyond the travel and ratings issues, 1-16 would require a massive overhaul in alignment. You basically would have to eliminate conferences and divisions and distribute the 82 games evenly across the league. Otherwise you can have drastically different strength of schedules affecting 1-16 seeding, making the concept moot.

I also think it would be a shame to eliminate any sort of rivalry with this choice. Just look at the NBA who took a somewhat similar approach recently(1-8), there are really no more rivalries left and ratings are plummeting this year. Which is why they are actually talking about in season tournaments and play in games.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Not even sure where to start with thsi one :laugh:

He absolutely embellished after he was on the ground, but I'm not sure how anyone could say that isn't a sucker punch. No gloves dropped, no squaring up. Everyone has their arms down and pop. I can't imagine the goalie mask getting blasted into his chin/throat felt too good either.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He absolutely embellished after he was on the ground, but I'm not sure how anyone could say that isn't a sucker punch. No gloves dropped, no squaring up. Everyone has their arms down and pop. I can't imagine the goalie mask getting blasted into his chin/throat felt too good either.

Totally a sucker punch. And yeah totally embellishment. But I can't understand the fake tough "I'm gonna get ya" followed by the dive. At least stand in there and do something, don't Binnington it and get in a guy's face then beg for someone to bail you out. That's goalie horseshit when they know they're untouchable.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Totally a sucker punch. And yeah totally embellishment. But I can't understand the fake tough "I'm gonna get ya" followed by the dive. At least stand in there and do something, don't Binnington it and get in a guy's face then beg for someone to bail you out. That's goalie horse**** when they know they're untouchable.
Yeah I mean even if it surprised him and knocked him down, get back up and feed him your blocker or something.

1w2b.gif

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
What a rocket, and it’s nice seeing both teams in those colors (though I prefer the more traditional royal blue the Sabres used to wear).

What a great trade for Vancouver during the draft. He's fit in like a glove and gave Vancouver some much needed depth and leadership to surround the youngin's.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i mean it was a bit of a dive but that was a very hard crosscheck but it was in response to laughton scoring and chirping the bench

i like it overall

Reactions: BigKing

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
To be perfectly honest, (Loughton) talking shit after he scored is a dirtbag move and deserved to be dealt with. Brady's response was a bit cheap shot, I'll give you guys that.

But F Matthew Tkachuk.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Pretty shocked that Brady only got a fine. I know people have been criticizing the DOPS forever, but I really believe that Parros has been the worst head ever. His handling of the Kings/Knights series was f***ing horrible and he has had absolutely no consistency. Seriously, Doughty got suspended for a f***ing playoff game for a hit on a player with the puck and Brady only gets a fine for that cheap shit?

Reactions: mbar and King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Pretty shocked that Brady only got a fine. I know people have been criticizing the DOPS forever, but I really believe that Parros has been the worst head ever. His handling of the Kings/Knights series was ****ing horrible and he has had absolutely no consistency. Seriously, Doughty got suspended for a ****ing playoff game for a hit on a player with the puck and Brady only gets a fine for that cheap ****?

Worst actually is them fining Evander Kane for an elbow that didn't happen, but completely overlooked the actual buttend to the face of Gudas.

Reactions: crassbonanza

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
To be perfectly honest, (Loughton) talking **** after he scored is a dirtbag move and deserved to be dealt with. Brady's response was a bit cheap shot, I'll give you guys that.

But F Matthew Tkachuk.

the cross check was ok, but the fists afterward is crossing the line for me.

At the end of the day I would take either Tkachuk on the king's team but hate them on other teams.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
To be perfectly honest, (Loughton) talking **** after he scored is a dirtbag move and deserved to be dealt with.

What the f***? No, it didn't deserve to be dealt with. If you can't handle the other team scoring and chirping (after they'd been going at it all game), then I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: theMajor and YP44

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Devils play in Colorado on Friday, I'd wonder if there's a possibility that Taylor Hall switches locker rooms that night. I didn't watch the segment yet, but apparently on HNIC one of the reporters mentioned that a deal might be done by Christmas rather than the February deadline.

Doing a deal early might make sense if they were worried about any potential injuries down the line. I'm reminded of Florida in 2013 with Stephen Weiss when he would have been dangled at the deadline but he had a season ending wrist injury. Weiss would leave via free agency and Florida missed out on some assets.

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
What the ****? No, it didn't deserve to be dealt with. If you can't handle the other team scoring and chirping (after they'd been going at it all game), then I don't know what to tell you.

Ask any player, current or retired, about their opinion about an opposing teams player scoring then chirping the entire bench on the way to their handshake line.

It's akin to punching a guy when he's down. You can do it, but you're going to have to suffer the consequences.

Agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad