Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Avs are gonna be a challenge, just destroyed the Lightning tonight. If the Ducks can beat either them or Edmonton while they are still red hot, gonna start truly believing this could be a very good season. Still being cautiously optimistic.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think the Ducks can beat Edmonton no problem. Alot of the advanced stats i've looked at make it seem the Oilers aren't as good as they look.

and

Edmonton is next to boston in that chart where they are hard to see so i am told
Having to win by comebacks in every game won't hold forever for Edmonton.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think 5 on 5 the Ducks can compete with almost anyone. It’s the special teams that raises a question. PK has been good, but the PP is non existent right now. The games that were lost this season were decided by special teams. Hopefully Steel adds more dimension to it, like that beauty of a pass to Getz.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I wonder whats gonna happen this year with Vancouver, they traded their 2020 1st round pick. Getting shut out by NJ 1-0 is embarrassing considering the goalies that NJ has.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Sharks drop their 5th game this year. Jones being Jones. Who gets bought out first Quick or Jones ?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Until its playoff time then his teams can't even get past RandyCapped teams.

Both times he met Carlyle coached teams he had significantly inferior rosters (I know we finished 8th in 2009 but our blueline was stacked beyond belief). He’s a far better coach than Randy.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I think we made a huge mistake by passing on Kaliyev. 14g and 25 pts in 12 games so far and he seems to become a all around player as well. We could use a player with that caliber of shot in the future. LA got pretty lucky in this draft.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I think we made a huge mistake by passing on Kaliyev. 14g and 25 pts in 12 games so far and he seems to become a all around player as well. We could use a player with that caliber of shot in the future. LA got pretty lucky in this draft.

A lot of us were enamored with his talent, but junior numbers don't always equate to NHL success. I trust the scouting staff more than keyboard scouts like myself.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It is beginning to feel that way for sure but I’m curious to see him play at the next level

Reactions: Duck Off

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Massive fan of Kaliyev, it really sucks that the Kings got him. Putting up 30 goals as a 16 year old and 51 goals as a 17 year old in the OHL is pretty special. We'll see how he goes in the NHL, but he looks a damn good young player.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That makes no sense
Neither do you. Kaliyev scouting reports had him being a linear offense only guy who doesn't play well defensively along with rumored character issues.
Already got one of those in Sprong.
How does that not make sense ?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Neither do you. Kaliyev scouting reports had him being a linear offense only guy who doesn't play well defensively along with rumored character issues.
Already got one of those in Sprong.
How does that not make sense ?

For so many reasons - your view is such a shortsighted view.

Firstly we don’t even know if Sprong will pan out - if we liked Kaliyev having Sprong isn’t going to stop us taking him. Secondly the Ducks always draft who they think the best player available is - drafting for need means you end up with lesser assets and by the time these guys are ready a teams needs have completely changed. Thirdly - by the time Kaliyev is ready Sprong could be anywhere - turnover is huge in the NHL and having someone one day doesn’t mean he’s going to be here the next.

Reactions: Doothpick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce