Around The League 2019-20 VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’s been a week of troll jobs.

Frickin Kovalchuk actually got signed by another NHL team. I don’t think many saw that coming.

Now all we need is for Keith Kinkaid to get an NHL starting goalie job.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I agree that it's surprising he got hired mid-season. I don't think it's that surprising that he got hired somewhere, though.
I think the biggest comparable for a coach that immediately got another head coaching position in recent memory with a similar resume was Bill Peters. He also had a really terrible goalie situation in Carolina with a very washed up Cam Ward the entire time he was there and Scott Darling being an astronomically bad fiasco for him.

Unfortunately for Hynes, he’s just inherited the second oldest starting goalie in the league, who looks like he’s pretty much also out of gas.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Guy wanting a trade, also has a lower body injury, and suspended. Yeah you are pretty ****ed for a while buddy.

Isn't he 20? It's a shame it has come to this for him. He's little more than a big child and has to sit at home because of either an agent or GM being stubborn? Where are his parents in all this? If NYR are so awful go to the AHL after your rehab and wait for a trade or maybe the NYR will allow you to play for an SHL team. He's way too young to sit on the couch. Does he even get paid if he is suspended? This is sad to me even if he is partly at fault for this.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Isn't he 20? It's a shame it has come to this for him. He's little more than a big child and has to sit at home because of either an agent or GM being stubborn? Where are his parents in all this? If NYR are so awful go to the AHL after your rehab and wait for a trade or maybe the NYR will allow you to play for an SHL team. He's way too young to sit on the couch. Does he even get paid if he is suspended? This is sad to me even if he is partly at fault for this.

Also kravtsov fled the rangers back to the KHL this year too. Im loving the Rangers f*** ups. Couldnt happen to a better team

Reactions: mtnet and mdj12784

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Could anyone really see it coming this fast though? I figured maybe they’d hire DeBoer.

No matter what, I don’t think even the staunchest Hynes supporter would have predicted him getting a head coaching job midseason.

I did say he could get hired before we all thought, but I thought it'd be at least the summer before he got hired again.

I don't know if they can even make it work cap wise, but I wonder if they get in on the Hall sweepstakes now?

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Oilers fan here. I'm literally stunned that another team hired Hynes. I'm sure all of you guys were absolutely shocked at the news too.

Given how much the NHL recycles coaches it's not that shocking. Plus he does seem to be well thought of and respected amongst "hockey people". I also think it probably helps Hynes' case that the Devils were rebuilding for pretty much his entire tenure. I think if we were considered a contender and he got the wins/losses results he had for 4+ years here it would be a different case. Who knows, maybe he ends up actually doing well in the long run. It is kind of funny he's going to another team that has awful goaltending though.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Given how much the NHL recycles coaches it's not that shocking. Plus he does seem to be well thought of and respected amongst "hockey people". I also think it probably helps Hynes' case that the Devils were rebuilding for pretty much his entire tenure. I think if we were considered a contender and he got the wins/losses results he had for 4+ years here it would be a different case. Who knows, maybe he ends up actually doing well in the long run. It is kind of funny he's going to another team that has awful goaltending though.

I think it's far more likely he gets the new coach "depression" than the new coach "bump."

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The only thing that 2 games over 500 season accomplished was wasting my time and money.

If anything the team regressed the next season with what I would argue at the very least is the same quality of roster even not slightly better.

The season we made the playoffs had more to do with Hall than it ever did with Hynes. Hall had a once in a career type season that he won't duplicate. Do you really think Hynes deserves credit for Hall carrying the team on his back? I don't.
Weird. Input is twice the same and the result is different. Seems like hockey isn't a mathematical function. :huh:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It’s been a week of troll jobs.

Frickin Kovalchuk actually got signed by another NHL team. I don’t think many saw that coming.

Now all we need is for Keith Kinkaid to get an NHL starting goalie job.
I can't imagine the lack of crow.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
I think it's far more likely he gets the new coach "depression" than the new coach "bump."

It’s going to take awhile for his new team to forget how to play hockey and learn his “system” of skating anywhere you want, at any time you want, and cover nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad