Around The League 2019-20 VI (Mod note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Wow that's crazy. He was on the chopping block when they were struggling early on, but they really have come around since October. Can only imagine what he may have done.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
Didnt Bettman just say that punishments will be harsher on teams if the league office is surprised by improper conduct of its employees basically. I think they are not trying to surprise Bettman and get ahead of a story leaking out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Didnt Bettman just say that punishments will be harsher on teams if the league office is surprised by improper conduct of its employees basically. I think they are not trying to surprise Bettman and get ahead of a story leaking out.

Apparently this doesn’t fall under that plan according Lebrun

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Did he sleep with someone’s wife or something? Really can’t imagine what would require immediate termination due to “unprofessional conduct” but not abuse related.

Upper-deckered a toilet?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Did he sleep with someone’s wife or something? Really can’t imagine what would require immediate termination due to “unprofessional conduct” but not abuse related.

Upper-deckered a toilet?

Could be drug or alcohol related. Abuser at home. Gambling problem.

Plenty of bad conduct things that warrant a firing that isn’t about abusing players.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Could be drug or alcohol related. Abuser at home. Gambling problem.

Plenty of bad conduct things that warrant a firing that isn’t about abusing players.

I would hope if it was drug or alcohol related the team would be trying to get him help, not basically publicly shaming him. “Personal leave of absence” would probably be the way I would hope most teams handle an addiction issue in addition to getting them in treatment if they wish.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Yeah I don't see it being a substance issue, the league has plenty of options and stuff for that, they wouldn't just gas the guy like that. I'm interested in seeing how this unfolds though. It's wild that guys are getting canned for things they said or did a longish time ago.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would hope if it was drug or alcohol related the team would be trying to get him help, not basically publicly shaming him. “Personal leave of absence” would probably be the way I would hope most teams handle an addiction issue in addition to getting them in treatment if they wish.

Well it depends if he showed up drunk at work or something like that, or it lead him to do something unfortunate at home.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Yeah I don't see it being a substance issue, the league has plenty of options and stuff for that, they wouldn't just gas the guy like that. I'm interested in seeing how this unfolds though. It's wild that guys are getting canned for things they said or did a longish time ago.

I didn't get to hear the entire press conference. Was a timeline mentioned for whatever the "conduct" was? What I did hear was the Dallas GM said he received a phone call about the issue this past weekend. Gambling maybe?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I didn't get to hear the entire press conference. Was a timeline mentioned for whatever the "conduct" was? What I did hear was the Dallas GM said he received a phone call about the issue this past weekend. Gambling maybe?

It happened while he was employed by the Stars so it can’t be that long ago. They found out over the weekend.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Well it depends if he showed up drunk at work or something like that, or it lead him to do something unfortunate at home.

Yeah I’m sure there would be some context if that was the case. Either way, I do hope a team would be more delicate in a cases where it is some type of addiction. The person would already be in a very dark place as is and need help fighting the disease. A release stating “unprofessional conduct” and publicly outing them would be counter productive IMO.

But we don’t really even know what the issue is here. I’m sure we’ll start hearing more in the coming days.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The fact that they won't come out and say what it is just makes this whole thing even worse for the team the coach those involved and the nhl. its going to be the streisand effect

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I didn't even see anything yet. The smoke around this particular fire leads me to believe it's pretty significant though if they canned him this close to the meeting Bettman had about a conduct policy and stuff. They said this wasn't related to that so it's probably bad.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I didn't even see anything yet. The smoke around this particular fire leads me to believe it's pretty significant though if they canned him this close to the meeting Bettman had about a conduct policy and stuff. They said this wasn't related to that so it's probably bad.

They came out and said it wasn’t related to what Bettman laid out.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Without even seeing anything aside from the fact that Montgomery was fired, I’m gonna take a wild guess and say something shady either happened with him recently or something shady surfaced. Because this seems too random to be a firing for on-ice reasons. They’ve won 15 of their last 22 games.

It felt like he maybe could be on the hot seat back in October but not anymore.

I’ve gotta think this is a Bill Peters type of situation, without speculating exactly why he was fired. If it’s out in the happen yet, I really haven’t read anything or any of the posts regarding it. Definitely seems off-ice related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad