Around The League 2019-20 VI (Mod note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah, that and he sounded like he would blow a .21 on a breathalyzer... but is that something to gas a coach over?

An off ice interview no, but if he showed up wasted or high in front of the team that’d be another story. It’s gonna come out sooner or later.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Deboer is a good hockey mind imo. He might not be a players coach, but he knows how the game should be played if you want to be successful. Right now I'd say he is the best option out there. We will be waiting until the summer to see who is available, though.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
He is not. Won many playoff series and made quite a few bad Panther and Devil rosters competitive. He also can easily have two cups.

He's terrible. And he SHOULD have at least 2 Cups.

DeBoer has presided over an absolutely stacked San Jose Sharks team during his tenure. Losing in the 1st Round & the 2nd Round with those teams is inexcusable; I'm surprised he wasnt fired much sooner.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He's terrible. And he SHOULD have at least 2 Cups.

DeBoer has presided over an absolutely stacked San Jose Sharks team during his tenure. Losing in the 1st Round & the 2nd Round with those teams is inexcusable; I'm surprised he wasnt fired much sooner.

What about Cooper? How long did it take Trotz to finally break through? How many very good teams has Nashville had? It's far more common to not win the Cup than to win it. No other coach gets us to a final in 2012.

Reactions: longislanddevil

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
DeBoer is a good immediate results guy, but after about year two or three the returns start to fade.

He’s a guy who falls in love with players and fails to recognize when their game falls off. Typically leads to that type of tenure. That was very much a problem here (like trotting our Salvador every penalty kill to get scored on until he got injured for good)

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Well, we need *someone* behind the bench. I'm guessing the staff in Bingo gets fired sooner rather than later, so they're likely not options.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Man, I love Ovy. But everyone has to think he's taking the finest enhancers Russia has to offer, right? Kinda naive to think otherwise. Gusev needs to get on the same treatment plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad