Around The League 2019-20 VI (Mod note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hard to feel sorry for a guy who could care less about the safety of other players, let alone the safety of himself. He just magically going to blame the nhl for his reckless conduct when he was skating around like a prick for years
That was what was expected and in fact asked of him by his employers. This was before the human toll had been widely exposed. I will give a personal anecdote: when I played football from 5th through 8th grade in the early 90's we did drills like the Nutcracker where we all got into a circle and the coach would call two names and they would have to run to the center of the circle and collide full force. There was a drill where a ball would be thrown on the ground and two guys would be told to dive on it. Kids would get concussions and be thrown back in the next plays. Practices would go 3-4 hours and coaches would forbid water breaks because they thought that toughened guys up. This stuff today would get a coach tossed in jail but in the early 90's and even in 2000 it was still somewhat prevalent.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL if Domingue gets lit up tonight I wonder if Shero tries the troll move of claiming him

Reactions: JK3

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
LOL if Domingue gets lit up tonight I wonder if Shero tries the troll move of claiming him

Who was it in Kinkaid's family that went on a rant in the comments on the Devils' Facebook page after the trade last season? His dad or his uncle maybe? Whoever it was, if Ray claimed him it'd be great to feed them a few pops and get a quote.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Since the 2018 playoff started after his big run to end the regular season ended, Kinkaid has a save percentage of .884 in 49 games played. That's almost as bad as the last 50-ish games from another goalie that was recently waived, or quite possibly even worse, if I'm not mistaken.

I was wrong in early 2018 when I famously said that Kinkaid would be more than likely be out of the league after that year, but I less than 1.5 years off. And then I also said in the middle last year that I give him 2-3 years before he's an AHL/NHL tweener or likely out of the NHL for good. And guess what? I was WRONG AGAIN! It took less than a year after that prediction for him to become an AHL/NHL tweener.

This kind of goalie doesn't stay in the league for a long time, especially not anymore. He'll probably play in the NHL again, but more than likely not on a full time basis, unless he has another February-April 2018 run in him. He'll probably be called up for injuries and get two way contracts if he plays in North America after this year.

He was awful, even in the game against us, which I think was the only game he had a save percentage over .900% in this season, relief or otherwise. He let in two BAD goals that game, including the OT winner. He let in 3 goals that he could have had against Philly the other day, including another poor OT winner and 4 goals in total.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For all the Hamburglar 2.0 stuff regarding Blackwood, February-April 2018 Keith Kinkaid was probably the closest thing to the Hamburglar since 2015.

Watch Vegas claim him and start him against us tomorrow night. I think they recently called up Sparks this weekend on an emergency call up because obviously one of their goalies got injured.

Sparks really sucks, but Kinkaid does these days too.

Reactions: NjDevsRR and mtnet

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Going to the Hawks/Blues game tonight.... Hawks can't ice a full line-up due to injury and salary cap issues.

I remember those days here.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
pat-on-back.png

Reactions: johnny pierogi

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Stat of the day: the Sabres have 85 goals this season. Jack Eichel has been involved in 39 of them (roughly 45% of the team's entire offense). That's insane.

Reactions: mdj12784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad