Around The League 2019-20 VI (Mod note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
This board is so sad that it is so invested in seeing a player fail. Meanwhile, the Devils goaltenders haven’t been any better than Kinkaid. Just sad stuff for a player who did nothing but give this team his all.

Here’s my prediction: Blackwood won’t amount to anything more than a quality backup. Now I will spend the rest of his career reveling in his lack of success. I’m joking of course, I want to see any goalie who plays for the Devils succeed. Just not sure how some people can be so obsessed with the career of an indifference-maker.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
This board is so sad that it is so invested in seeing a player fail. Meanwhile, the Devils goaltenders haven’t been any better than Kinkaid. Just sad stuff for a player who did nothing but give this team his all.

Here’s my prediction: Blackwood won’t amount to anything more than a quality backup. Now I will spend the rest of his career reveling in his lack of success. I’m joking of course, I want to see any goalie who plays for the Devils succeed. Just not sure how some people can be so obsessed with the career of an indifference-maker.

You can just admit you were wrong and that Kinkaid isn't good and move on.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
You can just admit you were wrong and that Kinkaid isn't good and move on.

Lol exactly what I’m talking about. I’ve stated Kinkaid is not good multiple times. He’s no worse than any of the goalies we’ve had since the start of the 2017 season and is sadly the best goalie we had during that time. Very sad I know.

But you can keep hate-following him to get off when something disappointing happens and never move on.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Lol exactly what I’m talking about. I’ve stated Kinkaid is not good multiple times. He’s no worse than any of the goalies we’ve had since the start of the 2017 season and is sadly the best goalie we had during that time. Very sad I know.

But you can keep hate-following him to get off when something disappointing happens and never move on.

I legitimately didn't talk about him or watch him for 1 second this year aside from when we played him (and lit him up)

you are just making things up that did not happen.

You clearly felt like you had to respond or else you would have just let it go

Reactions: Bleedred

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Why are you two so obsessed with Kinkaid? I mean, I enjoyed his tweets as well, but he is never coming back, just let him go.

Reactions: Bleedred

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Why are you two so obsessed with Kinkaid? I mean, I enjoyed his tweets as well, but he is never coming back, just let him go.

His emoji filled tweets after any one of our 3 wins this season would’ve been received so warmly by our fans on hfboards if PK isn’t allowed on social media and the team can’t go out for dinners :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Keith Kinkaid's save percentage since the start of that 2018 playoff series is .886%. That's over a span of his last 49 games played. Do you know how bad that is? Even Cory Schneider's last 49 games played (including 4 in the playoffs) he's an .892%.

His run in February-April of 2018 was more of an Andrew Hammond run than anything. Even I thought as of the last year that he'd probably last another year or two in the NHL after this one, before becoming a tweener, but it looks like he's already at AHL/NHL tweener status. He's gonna have to decide this offseason if he would rather continue to be a tweener or if he wants to go to Europe and play.

So much for getting that starters job, but I guess he might have finally found himself one.... In Laval of the AHL....

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I legitimately didn't talk about him or watch him for 1 second this year aside from when we played him (and lit him up)

you are just making things up that did not happen.

You clearly felt like you had to respond or else you would have just let it go
And he stunk in that game against us too, which was his only game over or better than a .900% save percentage this season. It was actually his only game better than an .886% this season.

The Hischier goal sucked and the Palmieri OT winner was awful.

He was like the only goalie we scored more than 2 goals on for like an 8 game stretch or something.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Keith Kinkaid's save percentage since the start of that 2018 playoff series is .886%. That's over a span of his last 49 games played. Do you know how bad that is? Even Cory Schneider's last 49 games played (including 4 in the playoffs) he's an .892%.

His run in February-April of 2018 was more of an Andrew Hammond run than anything. Even I thought as of the last year that he'd probably last another year or two in the NHL after this one, before becoming a tweener, but it looks like he's already at AHL/NHL tweener status. He's gonna have to decide this offseason if he would rather continue to be a tweener or if he wants to go to Europe and play.

So much for getting that starters job, but I guess he might have finally found himself one.... In Laval of the AHL....

I thought it was weird that MTL signed him at all. He was terrible last year.

Reactions: mtnet

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
If you're in the Binghamton area, you might be able to catch them face off against each other on January 25th in the AHL! Or possibly March 13th or 14th in Montreal/Laval!

Cory belongs there but that's a travesty and grave disservice to bonafide NHL starter Keith Kinkaid

Just wait, you'll see

Few goaltenders are so skilled that they have signature moves found only in the animal kingdom

giphy.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought it was weird that MTL signed him at all. He was terrible last year.
I thought he’d get one more chance, based off last year being a very down year for him and what he did in late 17-18 and he did.

Now this is it for him, unless he can put together some kind of nice string if he gets called back up again. If he doesn’t, then he’ll be one of those tweener guys next year that gets signed to play in the AHL, but is used as a third stringer and call up for NHL teams.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Think this came out from the GM meetings on repercussions if a team knows an employee is abusive and does nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad