GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Vegas has so many games in this playoffs alone where they shot 40 plus and have went out with a loss. This can't be a coincidence.

AncientScalyBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
So a castoff third string goalie has won 2 straight to get his team to a game 7. A rookie goalie stands on his head, wins his first two playoff starts in elimination games, and leads his team to a game 7. And another young goalie, coming off a benching, wins two straight elimination games to send his team to a game 7. Just when I think 2020 can’t possibly take another strange twist, here we are.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Vegas has so many games in this playoffs alone where they shot 40 plus and have went out with a loss. This can't be a coincidence.
They are very high volume shooters. They did have some high dangerous chances but not a lot

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So a castoff third string goalie has won 2 straight to get his team to a game 7. A rookie goalie stands on his head, wins his first two playoff starts in elimination games, and leads his team to a game 7. And another young goalie, coming off a benching, wins two straight elimination games to send his team to a game 7. Just when I think 2020 can’t possibly take another strange twist, here we are.

Welcome to the modern NHL, where star players mean nothing and randomness plays an ever increasing role in determining who wins.

Reactions: TB12

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

And people want to burn a 1st on a goalie. There are no guarantees

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
I mentioned a few days back and I'll say it again - the Nucks are killing them in the faceoff circle. They don't deserve to win games like this but credit where credit is due - the little things do make a difference. Oil should take notice.

Anyway if this this Demko Jacques Plante impersonation wasn't frustrating enough, I've also been cheering for the Isles... who I think are now in big trouble.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Welcome to the modern NHL, where star players mean nothing and randomness plays an ever increasing role in determining who wins.

In a way, that's what makes the NHL playoffs better than the other sports. The unpredictability, although I still maintain that the better teams usually win out at the end. It's generally the early rounds that have weird occurrences. You don't see many cinderella runs anymore.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I so badly want to see Lehner shit the bed tomorrow and see DeBoer squirm. Apparently Lehner is 1-7-1 with an .889 in b2b games. Idiot DeBoer should have ran with Fluery tonight knowing there could be a b2b situation.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
In a way, that's what makes the NHL playoffs better than the other sports. The unpredictability, although I still maintain that the better teams usually win out at the end. It's generally the early rounds that have weird occurrences. You don't see many cinderella runs anymore.

I don't personally like to see a team outshoot another team by double, have one of their players randomly break a stick on a mundane play leading to a loss. All in OT where the winning team looked like they were barely holding on for 95% of the game.

Reactions: TB12

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
That's his first SO ever Louie. Dude just had the 2 best games of his NHL career 2 games in a row.

Is somebody going to come in and say Demko's performance is unsustainable again? Yeah it's unsustainable over a long term but the Hamburglar played out of his mind for 20 games to get Ottawa in the playoffs so even a below average NHL goalie can go on a run and carry a team to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad