GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v16

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
While a lot of the guys in Buffalo probably need to be let go. I do question if it's going to matter.

If this 4 person dream team is making decisions I don't know that Buffalo is going to be any further ahead.

They need to bring in a hockey mind to run things and hire the proper people

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
While a lot of the guys in Buffalo probably need to be let go. I do question if it's going to matter.

If this 4 person dream team is making decisions I don't know that Buffalo is going to be any further ahead.

They need to bring in a hockey mind to run things and hire the proper people

Why are they fighting it so hard? I'm sure Chiarelli would have been happy to take that GM job. Buffalo just insists on dragging this all out.

Reactions: joestevens29

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
F49478AC-99CA-4841-9665-1B1D7D1FAEA9.jpeg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Apparently, they are going to be placing a greater emphasis on video scouting.
I think it was from TSN App last night answering why these changes considering 3 weeks ago Botterill was safe.

Sounded like since the draft was pushed up the Pegula's had more time to talk to him about vision and such. One of the things he was pushing back on was cost cutting measures.

Now while Botterill wasn't the right guy to be running things, it's quite scary that a team who has struggled for years wants to cut money from the organization. This is a team very similar to the Oilers, bring in some proper complimentary players and the team could very well shoot up the standing a few spots. They also have a lot of young talent that need help developing.

Now is the time for them to be spending money on scouts and development people, not cutting it.

Reactions: Aerchon

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I'd like to see Buffalo turn things around. It's a franchise that could use a good long playoff run or two. Hopefully it's also a more likeable team than the 06-07 roster. For some reason I didn't really enjoy watching those guys, but I can't really put my finger on why.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think it was from TSN App last night answering why these changes considering 3 weeks ago Botterill was safe.

Sounded like since the draft was pushed up the Pegula's had more time to talk to him about vision and such. One of the things he was pushing back on was cost cutting measures.

Now while Botterill wasn't the right guy to be running things, it's quite scary that a team who has struggled for years wants to cut money from the organization. This is a team very similar to the Oilers, bring in some proper complimentary players and the team could very well shoot up the standing a few spots. They also have a lot of young talent that need help developing.

Now is the time for them to be spending money on scouts and development people, not cutting it.

I’m floored that they went with Adams.

Botterill was bad no doubt about it but it seems like they are making the same mistakes the Decade of Darkness Oilers did.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’m floored that they went with Adams.

Botterill was bad no doubt about it but it seems like they are making the same mistakes the Decade of Darkness Oilers did.
Considering what I read last night I'm not floored. They are trying to find the cheapest option.

I don't agree with it at all, but the Pegulas don't seem like they are very smart owners.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Considering what I read last night I'm not floored. They are trying to find the cheapest option.

I don't agree with it at all, but the Pegulas don't seem like they are very smart owners.

That’s for sure.

They seem to be overly involved and it’s affecting the product on the ice.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Agree, that was the loudest I can recall the building ever being, from start to finish. And one of the most dominant SC Final games I’ve ever seen an Oiler team play. Relentless on every single shift. Sat in my seat for half an hour after the game ended, sipping my beer with a huge smile on my face.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Tripping over dollars to pick up dimes. Tear apart the entire core of the organization, yet they happily signed Skinner to that gross contract that everyone knew was going to be a mess.

Reactions: joestevens29

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Agree, that was the loudest I can recall the building ever being, from start to finish. And one of the most dominant SC Final games I’ve ever seen an Oiler team play. Relentless on every single shift. Sat in my seat for half an hour after the game ended, sipping my beer with a huge smile on my face.

That win had me thoroughly convinced we were winning game 7.

Life is such a tease :oops::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad