GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v16

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010

Rumors only, no actual journalism to back it up but Arizona is currently seeing their COVID caseload steadily increasing.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I wonder if we will see any athletes with lasting respiratory damage that could impact their careers. Certainly hope not.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I wonder if we will see any athletes with lasting respiratory damage that could impact their careers. Certainly hope not.
We really don't even know if they have any symptoms or are actually sick in anyway

Soon as Covid is brought up it's like people think these people are in ICU on their death beds.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
We really don't even know if they have any symptoms or are actually sick in anyway

Soon as Covid is brought up it's like people think these people are in ICU on their death beds.

I would be concerned about the range of possibilities between ICU/death and no symptoms. Particularly long term if I was a professional athlete who was making a living based on having an elite set of lungs (among other body parts)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I find it funny that the reason Botterill was canned because he refused to slash personnel.

Nothing to do with him not being good.

Reactions: Cloned

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Dan “Car Bomb” Carcillo at it again. The same talentless guy who tried to end careers in the NHL looking for scapegoats to cover his lack of morality. I wish he’d dry up like the piece of shit that he is and go away.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Dan “Car Bomb” Carcillo at it again. The same talentless guy who tried to end careers in the NHL looking for scapegoats to cover his lack of morality. I wish he’d dry up like the piece of shit that he is and go away.

While by no means do I agree with some of the hazing that has happened, but if they win this case what kind ripple effect is there going to be in Canada.

Schools, minor leagues for kids, colleges etc... have all had this.

Rookie weeks use to be a common thing back in the day, are we now going to have every kid that got paddled going after the people that allowed it to happen.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
While by no means do I agree with some of the hazing that has happened, but if they win this case what kind ripple effect is there going to be in Canada.

Rookie weeks use to be a common thing back in the day, are we now going to have every kid that got paddled going after the people that allowed it to happen.

I agree - hazing and bullying is garbage - but Carbomb retires from the game where he was trying to end other players careers daily that paid him millions and suddenly has this epiphany? Sorry Dan. I don’t buy your self righteous bs.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

I got hazed on the football team. Who should I sue?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
The allegations include "heavy objects tied to their genitals, had their genitals dipped in irritants and toxic liquids and had objects such as hockey sticks, brooms and food forced into their anuses"

So maybe we shouldn't equate it to whatever relatively harmless things people think about when they think of hazing, like taping a guy upside down.

This is serious, if true.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

It is a shame that Carcillo is at the heart of this lawsuit. It's so dang hard to take it seriously because of him and how he's acted in the past years.

Wonder how hard he tried to get others on board with him. Figure he should have been able to get more than 1 in the current climate of calling out abuses if he really tried.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
The allegations include "heavy objects tied to their genitals, had their genitals dipped in irritants and toxic liquids and had objects such as hockey sticks, brooms and food forced into their anuses"

So maybe we shouldn't equate it to whatever relatively harmless things people think about when they think of hazing, like taping a guy upside down.

The stories from Jr B "rookie parties" that I was told by people who went through them should have led to charges as well, but hockey is worshipped in Canada so the process is going to be long and slow to get it changed.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Hazing and bullying I’ve no tolerance for. These allegations are disgusting. But I just can’t take Carcillo seriously.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So let me get this straight:

Buffalo fired Botterill for literally all the wrong reasons and otherwise they were going to keep him for literally all the wrong reasons?

Damn. That's like DoD Oilers x 9000 times worse.

I'm not sure which is actually the worst part. That they fired him for refusing to fire 22 people or that they weren't going to fire him for being a bad GM.

Reactions: joestevens29

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Ive been looking around the league for a 3C for next year, and I think I have found the perfect fit.
Mattias Janmark

He's a 30pt kinda guy who can chip in some goals and is known mostly for his defensive abilities. He's a UFA at years end and should come in in the 3.000 range which is very reasonable for a solid 3C.

I hope Holland takes notice, and Dallas lets him walk.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Jesus Murphy. That is straight up sexual assault with a weapon and as we all know stuff like this can have serious, life long mental impacts. What the f*** is wrong with people? This shit just didn't cross the line, it pole vaulted over it.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

This was pretty common when I played.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So let me get this straight:

Buffalo fired Botterill for literally all the wrong reasons and otherwise they were going to keep him for literally all the wrong reasons?

Damn. That's like DoD Oilers x 9000 times worse.

I'm not sure which is actually the worst part. That they fired him for refusing to fire 22 people or that they weren't going to fire him for being a bad GM.
Is it really that shocking given things that have transpired in Buffalo over the past few years?

I suspect the Sens are going to have some interesting news soon. No way can they let Buffalo take away their stupidity spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad